The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, April 21, 2006

Yesterday was nothing short of spectacular! Woke up late, headed to get waxed...it wasn't that bad and one of my best friend's mother is the "waxer" so it isn't that uncomfortable either. Afterward TSO and I headed to the mall to see if I could find my favorite flip flops. They're Reef's and I LOVE them (they are so comfy ladies and you can get away with wearing them with skirts or other nice attire) but I can never find them in stores I usually have to get them on line and the one's I have are really getting ratty so it's time for a new pair. We did find them and while at it we decided to get TSO a new pair of flops as well. His current pair smell like, well...ASS! I don't understand how flip flops get stinky but his do. Maybe it's just a guy thing. Okay, back to the flops...he liked them, they were comfy, attractive, and then...we put them on the counter to pay for them and realized (aaahhhhh - music from the heavens) they have beer bottle openers BUILT INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE SHOES! Do you understand what a novel idea this is? I mean, I am really shocked that no one has thought of this before now. I will give TSO credit, he is the MASTER of opening beer bottles with everything and anything. He has been known to open beers with seatbelt buckles, lighters, a quarter, you name it, he can do it! But this is ingenious!

The weather was glorious! We sat outside at a local restaurant and ate a tasty lunch accompanied by some very tasty margaritas. I didn't want to leave.

Then we hit the batting cages. I did very well. I had on gouchos as to not irritate the already irritated area (thanks for your concern Andi). Once we finished there we decided to stop in to the jewelry store and check out some wedding bands. I found one that I love. TSO liked it a lot too. And we even found a really nice one for him. It seems so weird to see him with a ring on his finger. I hope the pressure around his finger doesn't cut off the oxygen flow to his lungs. I've heard wedding bands some times have that effect on men...

So...Softball. I got to the game and saw the team we were about to go up against and I must admit I had butterflies in my stomach. There were a lot of really big guys on the team and even the women looked a little tough. I'll spare you the boring details...we won 21 - 0! Then it was off to the bar. I love sports!

Today I have lunch plans with some friends at a local Irish Pub. We are trying to reinstate what was once known as "Liquid Lunch Friday", yeah I'll be productive after that. This evening we have a party to go to at a local bar - there will be flip cup, beer pong, and other juvenile games to be played, but alas, it all goes to benefit House of Ruth. Nothing like drinking for charity!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

8 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    wow i want to come to the pub with ya!!!

    have a great weekend sweets

     
  • At 2:27 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Glad the waxing was an ok experience, and god bless gouchos.

    Pass the liquid lunch!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger wopanese said…

    Damn... it really HAS been a while since I've been here. I am such a horrible person... sorry. :(

    as for ass-funky shoes... yeah, it happens.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I used to love softball nights! After the game we'd head to the "Rear Inn" lounge and do karoke. Well the other people did karoke I just watched!

    You are right on the shoe idea though. How very clever to use your shoe to open a cold one!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    drinking? awesome!

    drinking at lunch? great!

    drinking for a good cause? excellent!

    lol.. enjoy your weekend, congrats for winning!

     
  • At 11:25 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    What an ingenius idea to put a beer bottle opener on a shoe! You always have it with you! YOu never know when you will need to crack one open eh?
    Cheers to the liquid lunch fridays too! Can I come?

     
  • At 4:50 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    i showed the shoe link to my coworkers and one has already ordered a pair!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Congrats on the softball win, and new flip flops. YAY!!

    I have a friend that works at House of Ruth in Baltimore.

    I'm glad the waxing went well. I need to make an appt.-no swimming for me until then. hee hee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home