The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

So, I had my annual review with my boss. I don't know if I ever mentioned it but it's been a long strange trip with me and bosses. I have had many, many a crazy manager and every time I thought it couldn't get much worse, well...it did. Much, much worse. My last boss had me on the edge of quitting my job. A job that isn't that hard, has lots of perks and really wasn't bad enough to quit, except for her. She was the craziest, most fucked up, insecure bitch on the planet and her reign of terror was almost unbearable. Long story short, she was fired last year. It was much deserved and way overdue. My team could finally breathe easier than it had in years.

Well, the new boss. Hmmm, let's see, how do I describe him? Ummm, I LOVE him. Love, Love, Love HIM! (relax TSO - you know how I feel about this guy!). The difference is greater than night and day. If there was a better analogy I'd use it. You get my point. So, he and I have this totally tight relationship. We look out for one another. We've got each other's backs. He's young. We've had lots of lemon drops together...

So, we had my review. He told me that I was the first person that he could trust when he got here. I almost thought he was gonna shed a tear, that was kind of weird, but anyway, he gave me a great review, my bonus and a nice raise. It was great.

Well, then he sent me away with the mission to think about new goals, what I want to do, what he can do to help me move up, move around, whatever. We are meeting again next week. Here's the problem, if you want to call it that, I don't want to work in my office/industry for more than about 3 more years. I don't want to be a slave to the corporate world any longer. What I REALLY want to do, my main goal, is to open my own store.

Okay, you all haven't heard from me in a million years then I come back and write a book...I'll talk more about my store ideas tomorrow. I don't want to bore you all away my first post back!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Congratulations on the review and raise. Our reviews are just for our health. No money involved, no praise involved. Strictly for health purposes.

    Well, give the guy your goals, and then in three years, throw 'em the peace sign.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Congratulations! I'm happy for you! I used to want to open my own store. Then CCB went and knocked me up...I'm teasing! Would you sell your crafts?

     
  • At 3:36 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger truckdriver_sefl said…

    Great bosses are a very good thing:-}

    Wow your own store you go for it girl ya gotta have a dream!

    Welcome back!!!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, March 29, 2006, Blogger aughra said…

    What a positive experience! Good for you. As for starting your own store, don't know what to say.... And thanks for coming by and seeing my belly. I'm getting bigger every day.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Oooh! A store!

    Hey, speaking of which, what's the web addy where you sell your stuff? I wanted to put some of it on the Snazzy Stuff section of the 'zine. Maybe get you some extra orders.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    i think at the end of the day we all wanna go into business for ourselves.. all the best! :-)

     
  • At 8:56 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    That must have made your day! It's always nice to be validated by your boss isn't it?! Way to go!

     
  • At 3:51 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger wopanese said…

    Funky's Fabulous Things....

    Bee's Brilliance

    think of all sorts of great names you could have...

    me? I'd rather open up a bar. But that's just how I am.

    Glad you got the good boss and bonus!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home