The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, April 14, 2006

I don't know what happened last night. I didn't think I drank that much but uhhh, apparently I did. I feel like shite! Happy Good Friday huh?

I went to look at the invitations with my mom. We made a decision. They are very cool, not too traditional. I would try to explain them but it's pretty pointless. When I have a picture I'll post it.

So, after invitations I drove downtown to meet TSO and his lesbian friend Linda at The Old Ebbit Grill. It's really fun talking to people at bars. While there we met a man who works for NASA, a couple of women out looking to "meet" people, and a man who was 48 and his 24 year old girlfriend - he kept saying how smart she was and how mature she was...I'm not sure who he was trying to convince. The funniest part was when he left our lesbian friend and NASA dude both said, "he's gay"! I guess I have bad gaydar but they were both pretty sure of it. Oh well...mid life crisis perhaps?

When I got home I tried on my wedding dress and veil for the first time! I have to admit, it looked really good! Maybe it was because I was drunk but I thought I looked damn good. But then I got sad. I don't want to wear this dress only once, I want to wear it every day!

So I got up this morning feeling a little like crap! I really, honestly didn't think I drank that much but I am really feeling slugish today. I HAVE to go to the gym but SO don't feel like it. I might pass out on the elliptical, well, if I'm lucky anyway!

This weekend is going to be a busy one in terms of family stuff. Saturday afternoon we are all getting together for FANESCA, a traditional Ecuadorian Easter soup that my family eats. Then we head to TSO's parent's house to dye eggs with the kiddies in the fam. I used to love dying eggs. I was always so intrigued by that clear crayon and that dipping wire thing! Remember when you lost the dipper or someone else was using it so you tried to dip your egg with a spoon, then the egg would of course fall into the dye so you would have to retrieve it with your fingers then you would have blue fingers for a week? Oh and I used to love when I would try and get all fancy and dip into a few colors and inevitably I would always end up with that brownish orangish colored egg...Good times, good times!

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a wonderful Easter and a great weekend!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    It sounds like you had a good time! My daughter just asked me the other night if she could see my wedding dress. I wonder if I could still squeeze into it.....

    Happy Easter to you!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    The brown eggs are the worst! hee hee. I liked writing my name on them and then dying them. That was always fun.

    I'm excited to see your dress and the invitations. I need to know what I should look forward to (HA!).

    Happy Easter, cutie.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I didnt want to take my wedding dress off the other day but they made me (the bastards)

    glad you have your dress and are excited!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    i think straight guys have the best gaydar.. there's a bit of a homophobe in all guys!!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    I still enjoy dying easter eggs with my students...and sadly they are far more creative then me! I want the multi-coloured ones..but like u get the brownish ones! Oh well!
    Happy Easter!

     
  • At 12:46 AM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm a little late, but I hope you had a good weekend, and I bet you look gorgemous in your dress!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home