The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I just can't seem to get my shit together these days!

SO...the engagement party went swimmingly. The food was awesome, we had a wonderful showing by friends and family alike and there was no real drama, at least nothing to write about without seeming completely caddy and like a complete and total biatch...so, you get nothing. The only bummer is that it had rained for pretty much two days straight and by the time the party started and it had finally stopped raining it was freezing outside! Our hosts had set up a lovely tent outside and a really cool fire pit thingy and it would have been awesome to hang out there had it not been so cold. So, the party stayed primarily inside but that was just fine!

The other guests of honor (the sweet one's bro and his fiance), the Sweet One and I ended up going back to my parent's house, who live very close to the party venue, and drank until about 4:30am. I ended up getting up for Palm Sunday mass with my step dad at about 8am while all the other jerks slept peacefully! Oh well, I'm going to heaven and they're not...

I was so fucking exhausted and semi hung over on Sunday, BUT, I could not sleep. Why, you ask? Well, because two of our very good friends who live in New Orleans got engaged on Saturday night in D.C. SO, we hosted a small get together to celebrate. This meant that the Sweet One and I bought tons of alcohol and food and we cooked and hosted until our guests left at 10:30pm on Sunday night!!! Long story short, I didn't get to sleep until after midnight. I was so tired on Monday that I felt sick! I went to work, got as much done as possible, which was A LOT and then went home and slept. I am now feeling back to myself finally.

Now, I am going to drink with the ladies. It's a beautiful day out, the sun is shining and that makes me want to drink alcohol! Woo Hoo...bring on the nice weather...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Welcome back!!
    I'm glad your party was a success, and the parties after that.

    HA!!HA!! @ you going to heaven. You're right..but you'll miss your friends once you get there. :)

     
  • At 10:40 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Yay!! I'm glad the engagement party went swimmingly. That's one of the reasons I'll be marrying myself at 40--so I can throwmyself a swanky party. Or maybe someone else will buy into my scheme and throw one for me!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I've missed you!

    I'm glad your party went well. I knew everything would be just fine!

    We are planning to go to N.O. next week on CCB's vacation!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Could you put a good word in for me at the pearly gates?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home