The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, April 06, 2006

We got some of our engagement pictures back. I look fat. Why is it that I look in a mirror, I see myself in real life and I look perfectly proportionate THEN someone takes a picture of me and I look fat? It's so detrimental to one's self esteem. I already have "issues" in the appearance department, you know, being a female and all, I think it's a predestined requirement for us, but when I see pictures that I don't like of myself, and I know I am my worst critic, it makes me think, damn, is that how I really look? Is that how people see me? The girl with the 4 chins when she smiles? The girl with the huge tits? Ugghh, so depressing.

There are a few that are kind of cute but what the hell do you do with engagement pictures anyway? I mean, I would never send them out to people. Maybe our parents or my best friends that have seen my fat in all shapes and sizes. Oh well, maybe I'll find one I like, crop it, air brush it, frame it and put it on the wall...? Sounds like a good idea to me!

So Saturday is the dreaded Engagement Party that we didn't ask for...ha ha, I'm such a bitch! It should be fun, I guess...whatever. I won't go on that rant again. I'll just leave it be until afterward. I'll post more next week about it. I know you're all on the edge of your seats!

I can't believe it's Thursday already. Yayy!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I don't enjoy pictures either...unless I'm taking them! I prefer candid shots of myself because I look half way normal. Other wise I look like I got something up my butt.

    I'm sure you will have a good time at the party. You will be the guest of honor after all! It's different when the party is for YOU!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    The party is going to be great, and I'm sure you'll love every minute of it.

    As far as the pictures go, no one ever likes your pictures. We see pictures of you, and there's no way you're fat. I don't want to hear that kind of talk from you anymore! hee hee. I'm sure you look gorgeous and happy.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    im right there with you. i finally found one that looked semi ok that i was going to post today, but blogger wont let me.

    if i really look like i do in my pictures im shocked that any men speak to me at all!!

    make it fun sista! stay very drunk, that will teach 'em.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    have fun at the party.. you can always get very drunk if it's not fun enough!

     
  • At 10:40 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    I do that. Ask myself if I "really look like that." Sucks. But I'm sure you're beautiful and don't give yourself enough credit.

    Have fun at the party! Or just make sure you get shit-faced enough to not remember it!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, April 11, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Steph - I am a slacker! I just can't get it together these days...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home