The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My alarm clock didn't go off this morning...

Generally I would use that as an excuse for something but it really happened today. I always wondered if people made that shit up. Well, I know The Sweet One does, but I don't and today it really happened and I was pissed. I wanted to wake up early, get to the gym and then get into the office early for our 9:30am staff meeting. Well, as I was sleeping I got that weird feeling. You know, the one where you're like, hmmm, it feels like I've slept too long. Well, I did! I turned over, looked at the clock on the vcr (the only correct time) and it was 8:15am! I was so annoyed because now, not only did I miss my window to go to the gym, but I had to jump up and get my ass moving to get into the office on time. I walked into the meeting about 10 minutes late. But, I was happy to learn that one of my managers wasn't there because she forgot to change her clock to daylight savings time and therefore slept an extra hour! HA...I'm not the only idiot. BUT, makes me wonder if she made it up? ha ha...

Anyway, I watched a movie while I worked yesterday. It's so great having two monitors on my desk. And the really weird this is, I got a ton of work done. I wrote scripts, I got expenses taken care of, etc, etc! I watched Cold Mountain. I didn't think I was going to like it, but I did. Maybe that's the key to movies for me. Expect to hate it and end up very entertained. It was full of actors that I generally don't care much for and it was based on a genre that doesn't really interest me but it was really well done.

My boss is leaving at 2pm today and isn't expected back into the office until April 24th! This is like a gods send! Now, although I have a ton of work to get done, not having that extra person here to ask things of me, have meetings with me, etc I can get all of my stuff done, watch movies perhaps, and get wedding stuff done. I am hoping to use this time very wisely.

Hope everyone's having a great Wednesday. Only 2 days until the weekend! WOO HOO...

6 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    STILL using daylight savings time as an excuse on WEDNESDAY? I think she's makin' it up! That would have been ok on Sunday maybe Monday but Wednesday? Come on!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    As a teenager, I once forgot to change my clocks and turned up at work an hour early..at 5am instead of 6. Sadly I didn't realize this alllll day! I cursed people for being late, then packed up and went home an hour early, closing shop! It wasn't until I got home that it hit me...oops! I still miss that hour of sleep.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I woke up late yesterday and had great plans as well. It really does happen.

    Did you watch the MD game last night? I'm asking everyone.

    I was surprised that I liked Cold Mountain too, and I just saw it within the last two months.

    Oh, and the manager is totally lying. hee hee.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    the time change usually kills me but I dont have to work this week so all is well. :)

    i wanna watch movies at work....

     
  • At 3:59 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO - I think it's kind of rediculous too!

    Sassy - I miss every minute of sleep that I've lost but I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead

    Peachy - YES, The lady Terps were on fire! I am so proud of them, I've never seen so much support for a girls basketball team, and it was against Duke! What more could you ask for?

    Coldhands - you can come sit under my desk like Castanza and watch with me!

     
  • At 8:46 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    hehe.. my parents never understood how i did my homework in front of the tv! yay for humpday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home