The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, April 03, 2006

So last week pretty much kicked my ass, again! Now that we're done all of the heavy lifting at work with this new campaign we have had the week from hell in terms of praise and partying. We've had to show our stuff off to everyone and graciously take our pats on the back. This included lots of parties at the end of last week. Finally at Thursday night's shin dig my boss told everyone to just not come into the office on Friday. He didn't have to tell me twice. I woke up late, went to the gym at that transition time where it's so empty I could squeal with joy then I headed into the office for a very quick minute to get some things done and then was home by about noon. I think I slept most of the rest of the afternoon but I can't even remember, last week is kind of a blur.

Friday night I took one for the team. And this is a biggie. I went over to the Sweet One's parents house for dinner. By. My. Self. Lame huh? They were even surprised that I didn't have plans on a Friday night. To be honest, it was wonderful. A home cooked meal and not having to worry about anything? What more could you ask for? I was so not in the mood to socialize on Friday after the last few weeks so the Friday night with the in-laws was really nice actually!

Saturday I cleaned until my hands and knees were sore. My house, along with the rest of my life, has also been very neglected recently. We started the early evening however with lots and lots of margaritas and fajitas. There must have been roofies in our rita's because they just about kicked everyone's asses! Either that or the 10 pitchers had something to do with it...?

Sunday TSO and I did one of the goofiest things we have and probably ever will do...We had engagement pictures taken down at the Cherry Blossoms in D.C. In our defense the only reason we took them is because a friend of ours is trying to become a professional photographer and she offered to take them in order to put them into her portfolio so we said, why not? I mean, I don't really get the whole engagement picture thing but free pictures, professional at that, are free pictures. And it actually ended up being kind of fun. The weather was amazing, the Cherry Blossoms and weeping willows were so beautiful and we got to spend the morning pretending the paparazzi was after us, he he...



Anyway, that's my most boring recap of my weekend. I apologize for the recent lameness. I hope to be back in action, or to be honest, have little to nothing to do at work so I can spend my time blogging! Happy Monday Everyone...

7 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Oh! Sounds like a great weekend! and what a pretty place for pictures!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger aughra said…

    Too bad you weren't doing something else until your hands and knees were sore!

    Sorry, I'm terrible.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    he he...you ARE bad Aughra - but I'm not disagreeing. I would have LOVED to have been doing something else to make my hands and knees sore!! believe me...

    Sassy - it was so pretty out. I just wanted to lay down half in the sun, half under a weeping willow but there were too many damned people around and it was early in the morning, by the time we were leaving it was a show. I'm so glad we got out of there before the mob scene~

     
  • At 12:10 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    heh, you had a great weekend! the pic looks great too! :-)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    WOW! I bet the cherry blossom pics are beautiful. And I'm jealous of the 'ritas. I haven't had one in a while. It's time.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Not everyone is able to have the cherry blossoms for their engagement pictures, so I think it's great. This weekend was perfect for checking them out. I did think about heading down to DC, but I didn't.

    The storms were bad up here last night, but I was running around most of the evening. Some of the lightning was amazing.

    Glad you're back.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    That doesn't sound goofy. That sounds lovely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home