The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, August 22, 2005

I love my box....of nail polish!

This is my box of nail polish. Over the years it has taken many forms. At one point it was a Caboodle's box (many of the females or men with sisters will remember these trendy little "tackle boxes" for girls that were popular in the 80's/early 90's). It was also a big shopping bag at one time, then a shoe box and now a large box that a pair of boots came in.



As you can tell I tend to buy the same general colors over and over. The nail polish companies love people like me because when I go into the store the shiny little bottles catch my eye like Swarovski Crystals to Paris Hilton and I can never remember what colors I have, or maybe my brain won't let me grasp the fact that I have six bottles of this same color..? So, I buy the damn thing. I am so excited to come home and paint my nails. And when I get home and check my box it appears that once again, I have added to the pinks, cherries, creamy, ballet slipper or wine colors!

My favorite brands are Essie and OPI. Of course these are the most expensive brands ranging from about $6 - $8 a bottle. And since I can never remember the damn colors I can't imagine how much I spend annually on nail polish. I'm sure it's some obscene amount. The best is when you catch a sale and the polish is half price. I get so excited, buy my polish and get it home only to realize that I've done it again...another addition to my box and of course it is in the same family as all of the other colors.

I know it's a horrible addiction, kind of like the shoes (that is a whole other story that I'm sure no one wants to hear about). I know a lot of you ladies share this addiction with me. There is no hope for us, I don't see a change in the future. And if they start a program for Nail polish Anonymous I'm not going...I'll be in denial until the day I die, but at least I'll die with a fabulous mani and pedi!

14 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger wopanese said…

    One day, you will be able to repaint your car with all your nail polish. Then you'll have saved money! Hooray!!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Wop - I will have a pink, red, cream polka dot car, but it will sparkle and I'll love it! Maybe when I have kids and I'm poor from the blood suckers and spending all of their college fund on nail polish I'll make them drive around in the polka dot polish car...?

    Storm - the sad thruth is I am obsessed with shoes, clothes, purses, make up...You name it. Maybe one day I'll take a picture of the purse closet, and maybe I'll take a pic of the shoe closets (there are 2!). I'm pathetic!!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    Well, everyone needs something. I'll stick to beer! hee hee.

    I only buy clear these days, and I already have three bottles of that. It's plenty.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Andi said…

    I've broken my general nail polish addiction. Now I only buy a color when I find that I'm running terribly short. My favorite lately was Revlon's "Frankly Scarlet..." Andi-speak: "Hooker Red."

     
  • At 9:53 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said…

    I love OPI too! Especially their pink color right now that is called "I wish I were a kubuki queen!" Your box of polish looks like mine and I'm not ashamed of it either! ....Sounds like you have a shoe fettish too -- :) Glad I'm not alone in oddities! :)

     
  • At 10:15 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    what is up with the self made links on my fucking blog??? I never put a link onto "nail p*%lish" or "mak@!up"!! I have to disguise them so they won't be linked again. Okay blogger. I'm getting really FED UP!!!

    Peachy - I'll stick to beer too...along with all of the other addictions. Hope you had fun on Saturday at the game.

    Andi - Love the color and your being so restrictive when buying the unnecessary, unlike me!

    Wanting more - your name says it all ;O) I LOVE that OPI color! We need to get together, paint our nails then try on each other's shoes...he he

     
  • At 12:39 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger ME said…

    No i was just home for a family emergency...but thanks for looking at my blog..tell me more about u

     
  • At 1:29 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger LE Sweetz said…

    man i remember those caboodles things. i think i lost all of mine though.

    i have neither shoe nor polish addiction. i am obsessed w/ lip gloss and lip balm.

     
  • At 1:32 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Calvin said…

    heh, i love how you are so random about your polish! i wish i could be a little less finicky and more disorganised!!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Chick said…

    I DO want to hear about the shoes!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger BlazngScarlet said…

    I too am addicted to nail polish.

    Sparkly!
    Shiny!
    Colors are so purty!!!!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger HappyKap said…

    My favorite OPI is "I'm not really a waitress" red. It is the best.red.ever. Right now I'm on the "It's all greek to me" hot pink. Oh...and shoes...Ross has been getting in new ones...and I have been going to town!

    My personal obsession is panties. I'm such an addict.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    le - I think I might be addicted to the lip stuff too. OY! I'm a mess...

    s! - there is no organizing the polish. I've tried but it just aint happening. You grab one, you use it, you throw it back. That's all there is to it. I have too many other things to be anal about

    Steph - i LUV Ulta. Their sales are nice! Thank god Sephora doesn't sell my np b/c it would probably be double the price there and I would still buy it, which reminds me, I have a $50 gc for Sephora that I need to use! Yipee

    blaze - it's just a fact of life. We're girls!

    Happy - that is my FAVE red!! I haven't been able to find it in a while, must check on that. On the "panties" note - I would be addicted to those too if I wore them. I HATE underwears! yucky...

     
  • At 11:34 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said…

    ok - about that painting our nails and trying on shoes party -- you good for next tuesday night? haha ditto on the opi red - i have like 3 bottles of that stuff! i like the new mustang red too -- varoom varoom red!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home