The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, August 15, 2005

In September the sweet one and I are going on two trips. One is very adult, yet still cool - we'll trash it up some how. The other is oh so adolescent and drunken college trip! Basically, I can't wait for either because they both revolve around some of my very favorite things!

First we are going to Napa - CA. We are staying in Napa for two nights and then in San Fran for two nights. I think we may get a Lincoln to drive us around Napa so we can drink our faces off, oh, I mean "taste" wine and not have to drive all tore up! I am so excited. And my best friend and her husband will be joining us and they are fun, fun, fun and love to drink as much as me and the sweetie so it's gonna be all good~

Second Sept. trip is to Austin for the Austin City Limits Music Festival. I have never been but a lot of people I know have and the music line up looks pretty tasty so I'm pumped about that. A large group of us will be going so this will be a sloppy, drunken weekend. No fine wines and dinner at restaurants. I will be drinking my meals that weekend. I plan to wake up on Monday and say, what happened? Then look at the pictures on my camera and say...Oh, right! Let's just hope all clothing stays on. I have this HORRIBLE habit when I'm drunk of either mooning or showing my boobies. One time a friend of mine brought a 35mm cam out with him and made the terrible mistake of leaving it on the table in front of me and one of my best friend's. We had been drinking all day long...When he got his pictures developed they were all shots down the shirt, up the shirt, down the pants (front and back). I think it was a 36 picture roll...he he. We are such children.

I need to start a countdown. What I really need to do is save money! I am so broke right now. The only bad thing is, I am excited to go on my trips, BUT I don't want summer to be over! What ever is a girl to do?

Have any of you Texans (or non-texans) been to ACL? Will any of you in bloggerville be there this year?

13 Comments:

  • At 11:05 PM, August 15, 2005, Blogger HS said…

    Oh, thats sounds like a lot of fun! Make sure to take lots of pics when you go!

     
  • At 11:12 PM, August 15, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    I love San Francisco. Two nights isn't even close to enough time to visit. Go to Golden Gate park and across the Bridge if you can. Also, I love Haight Street, but that's because I'm a secret hippie at heart. Lombard Street is a must, of course, and take a trolley ride if you have time. It's cool just to see them if you can't catch a ride. Take sneaks (tennis shoes) because you will be tromping up some hills while you're there.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, August 16, 2005, Blogger wopanese said…

    Took a whirlwind tour of San Fran just the past May - all 4 corners and spots in between in 12 hours or less. All roads seem to lead to Alcatraz... weird. Or maybe that was my guilty conscience.

    As for Austin City Limits - I hear it's one HUGE party. Man, I wish I could make it. The list of bands this year is phenomenal yet again! BAH! Have a BLAST!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    hs - I plan to take TONS of pic's

    Peachy - I have been to San Fran and Napa a few times each and LOVE them. I love California period...That is the only reason I am satisfied with such a short trip. I've already done all of the 'toursty' things and now we have our favorite spots that we just get to visit and chill at! I can't wait...

    Wop - I have been to Alcatraz and for some reason felt right at home ;O) I am so, so excited about ACL! I hope you can make it one year too.

    Storm - you have to check out ACL, especially if you are a Texan! And I love San Fran too! I'll send you an e-post card, he he

     
  • At 5:03 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Andi said…

    I haven't been, but a good friend of mine who lives in Austin swears by the whole thing and says it's fantastamundo. I should go someday, but I hate heat and people. Go figure.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    danjerus - no, that doesn't help one bit, but I love you anyway...

    Steph - I will for sure let you buy me a shot, and then I'll buy you a shot, and we'll continue until we can't see anymore. Seriously, let's try and hook up for a drink.

    Andi - you should go! I hate heat too but everyone there will be a sweaty mess so who cares...I'll buy you a shot too ;O)

    Opaco - We weren't gonna stay in Napa b/c all of the hotels were so damn expensive but then we found a beautiful looking (on the internet anyway, I'll let you know when we get back) hotel for cheap! Like $140 a night or something. If you want more recomendations when I return email me or I will email you info.

     
  • At 11:20 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger LE Sweetz said…

    sounds like a great vacation. i'm so jealous. acl sounds really fabulous...bloc party, the bravery, kasabian, oasis, arcade fire. hot damn, i wish i was going.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, August 17, 2005, Blogger aughra said…

    Oh, I am so jealous that you are going to Austin. Have fun.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Osbasso said…

    There MUST be HNT pics taken in Austin!!!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, August 17, 2005, Blogger wopanese said…

    I checked out the website - they have a contest regarding these 3 different billboards in the Austin area. Something about a slogan. Anyway, it's on the ACL website.

    Have a shot or three for me!! - took another look at the list of 130 bands.... damn. The Allman Brothers, BLack Crowes, Widespread Panic? Damn.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Wop - get your tickets while there are still some left! You can still come!!! it's gonna be a blast

     
  • At 9:51 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey there, we plan on going to the ACL! See you there!!

     
  • At 10:23 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    mrsg - we must have a drink too! yayy...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home