The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, August 12, 2005

I just realized that Raisin Bran makes me choke. Not because it tastes bad or anything. I like it. But for some reason the flakes make me choke and swallow all weird and then panic like I'm gonna need the heimlich. It's this weird gag reflex thing (eww, I just said 'gag reflex'). I'm really glad that I just figured this out after buying a 500 pound box of it at Costco. Now what the hell am I gonna do?

Ahhh Costco...the land of the large. Seriously, how could you not like this place? Any place that you can buy a 30 gallon jug of chocolate syrup for $3 is A - okay with me! It's funny when you're there too because you kind of talk yourself into things. Like, well, I need some cream cheese for my bagels. Well, hmmm, I guess I could find something to do with 3 pounds of cream cheese. Maybe I'll make a cheese cake, ooohh crab dip...??? Oh my parent's dog LOVES pig's ears. I wonder if a bag of 600 will be too many? It's quite hilarious actually, but damn I love that store!

I actually did something quite ridiculous too...I am a little embarrassed to admit this BUT...I bought gifts for my bridesmaids while shopping there tonight. And the answer is NO, I'm not engaged! HA HA HA...I am actually laughing out loud at myself right now!

Okay, here's the story; the sweet one and I have been together for over 7 years. Yes...7 looong, agonizing years, just kidding. Anyway, it's gonna happen soon enough. And any woman out there that has either been in a wedding or had a wedding or been involved in any way knows that you buy everyone in your wedding party gifts. My girlfriends have gotten me and the other bridesmaids things like silk pj's, flops to wear at the reception, earrings, candles, etc...I know that I want to get my ladies monogrammed terri cloth robes. Well, I've looked on line and you can't get them for less that $60 a piece. Well, they had them at good 'ole costco tonight for a reasonable $27 a piece. I bought 10 of them! Am I nuts? I look at it as preparing for the future...ha ha, I might be nuts...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, August 13, 2005, Blogger Andi said…

    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and it's why I don't alloow myself to go to Sam's or Costco.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, August 13, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your not nuts!! When I was getting married, I bought everything I could for the girls! Plus, whats wrong with planning ahead?? I love Sams, it is like Willy Wonkas chocolate factory!!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, August 14, 2005, Blogger aughra said…

    I think that was a great idea. And I love Costco. I try not to eat before I go, so I can scarf on samples.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home