The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, September 11, 2009

Uggghh! This whole working thing sucks! Why can't we all be rich, or better yet, why does money have to rule the world? This week has been pretty tough.

It's raining today so that means that no one in the D.C. area knows how to drive anymore.

I woke up this morning around 6am, before the husband, before the baby, before the dog...Got myself ready and packed up the car. I even had to wake the poor baby up to go meet my mom to drop him off. And I was out of the house before the hubby or the dog even woke up. It's a rainy, dreary day out. No one feels like going out on a day like today!

I got the boy off for his drop off and then headed to work. It took me over an hour to get in. The beltway was like a parking lot. I will never understand why rain does this to the roadways but I should always expect it because it's a constant around here.

It's days like today that just break my heart. It's days like today that I just want to be home with my baby. He was so cute and so sweet this morning. He woke up with a smile, even though it was an abrupt wake up. His little smile and gurgling just melts my heart. But, unfortunately, it's what has to be done. Since I am not inherently rich I do have to work. So, I've decided that I am coming to work with a good attitude and a smile on my face because let's face it, there are lots of people out there that don't have jobs and need them. Time to suck it up and do the right thing. Maybe if it wasn't 9/11 and raining cats and dogs I might feel a little better...Thankfully it's Friday. Let's just hope next week goes better.


the bird

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home