The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Dangers of Late Night Television

Before the boy was born and we were getting his room ready the hubby decided that we needed to get a television in his room. I didn't care either way but decided yeah, middle of the night feedings would be much more pleasurable with something to look at besides just the wall.

Well, if you've ever watched TV at 2, 3, 4, 5am you will know that the majority of what's on is infomercials. Some things are utterly ridiculous. Others seem kind of interesting. Everyone's seen the Snuggy and the magic juicers but man, there are some things out there that I've never seen before. And the bad thing is, I am tempted to buy some of them.

Picture 15

Picture 16

Picture 14

Picture 13

Picture 12

I've already bought one thing! Don't laugh at me but I got the ab circle pro. Now, I may be an idiot for buying this but at least it's a piece of exercise equipment and lord knows I need to get back in shape after having this baby. I hope I don't regret it and I hope I actually use it. It arrived last Thursday and then we left for the beach so I have yet to put it together or use it. But I also started this post this past Sunday and am just now getting time to actually finish it!

Picture 11


I am also tempted to buy other things when watching in the middle of the night but I have to stop myself. Let's hope this is the first and last thing I buy. I don't want to become one of those Home Shopping Network addicts!! HAHA Next thing you know we'll be bankrupt all because of my middle of the night shopping habits! Beware the late night television ladies and gents!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM, July 23, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Haha- I always want to buy that stuff, but usally wait until they have it at Walgreens!

    Let us know how the ab thing goes...

     
  • At 3:02 PM, July 23, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    LOL - I remember the days! I could honestly tell you what was on tv between the hours of 1 and 5. I always knew what was on to watch if I was up!
    I saw the Snuggy (which is a big joke around here since I'm always cold) and the bra strap things at walmart (same ones) and they were cheaper then the offer on tv..lol As a teacher, I honestly think that reading program is bullshit...but who knows...lol

     
  • At 3:29 PM, July 23, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I saw that slap chop thingy at Target the other day. Walmart has lots of them too. Think of that when you are tempted to pay shipping and handling! LOL!

    Now that ab exercise thingy has intrigued me. It looks sorta fun. I have to believe it would be great for the abs. Keep us posted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home