The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Well, Kai is 2 months old already! I feel like it's been a million years and I feel like it was just yesterday that he arrived. He is truly a blessing. But, with that said, all of the planning, reading, advice and getting ready for a baby will never fully prepare you for how your life will change. It's a day to day learning process. As a parent, all you hope is that your child is healthy and happy. And you pray that you're not doing things wrong and screwing you kid up for life!

It's frightening how quickly he grows and changes. I've already had to put a whole drawer full of clothes away that he can no longer fit into. He's so aware and looks around at everything. He smiles and laughs and tries to talk to us.

Last night, for the first time, we put him in his crib for the entire night. Not because he wasn't ready before now. He probably would have been happy in the crib weeks ago. I just wasn't ready to let him go yet. And I'll admit, I was sad. I guess it's the first of many times that this kid will be moving on and growing up. And yes, I spent a good part of the night watching him on the video monitor!

I go back to work soon and as much as I know I need to for many reasons including my sanity and financial stability, I have a feeling I am going to be a bit of a mess at first. It's very hard to spend all of your time with your baby and then abruptly be away from each other for 10+ hours a day! I don't even want to think about it yet but it is fast approaching. It's funny how time flies.

Here are some shots of my little man, whether you like it or not ;O)

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=



5 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, August 05, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am just in love with that hairdo!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, August 06, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    Oh. My. Sweetness.
    He is such a doll!! Those are awesome pictures!

    I can still remember the night, like it was last night, when we moved Mason to his crib. It's just the first of many "letting go" moments. They all suck for the record.

    Keep busy at work...it will help. And lots of pictures! I can't imagine having to leave such a little guy behind. You'll be okay and so will he.

    ...keep the pictures coming too! Mason is pointing saying "awww baby" Wasn't it just yesterday that he was that small? :(

     
  • At 6:22 PM, August 07, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee----- super cute! simply adorable.

    When do you go back to work? I know it is going to be hard I know :(

     
  • At 8:17 PM, August 07, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    GORGEOUS! He makes me smile!

     
  • At 2:06 AM, August 08, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    Oh...he's so sweet! His personality is starting to shine through.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home