The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Well, today is my first day back at work. I don't feel overly sad and I didn't cry, oddly enough! It may be because I am kind of easing into it. And maybe because I thought it was going to be so unbelievably sad and unbearable that I psyched myself out and it's not that bad? And to be quite honest, knowing that my mom is watching my child gives me such peace of mind. I feel so unbelievably blessed and know how lucky I am to have this as an option. I mean, who else would you trust more to watch your child than your own mother?

Today I came in to work at 10am and I will probably leave in the next couple of hours. Just trying to get my computer back up and running and get into a few of the things I left behind. I will do the same thing tomorrow and then may or may not have to come in on Friday.

Next week will be our last "vacation". We are headed to the Outer Banks for the week. And then, September 8th will be the real deal, all in, full time, back to the grind! I think this week is going to really prepare me for it.

Today on the way into the office it felt very strange driving in the car alone. I didn't have to check on the boy or think of what he might need in the next hour or so. I was just alone. No one to consider for a few hours. The drive in was fine, nothing noteworthy. When I got to my garage I remembered how to get in, which was good. I did however almost forget what floor my office was on! I guessed correctly and made it to my desk in one piece. IT came to reinstate my network access, HR did all of the necessary paper work, and voila! I am back to being a full time employee...

I am looking very forward to seeing my little man (and the big one too) when I get home. I think this working thing is going to work out just fine. Now, I just hope my mom doesn't get burnt out on watching my baby. We need to keep our Grandma/Babysitter employed full time!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, August 26, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Aw. I'm glad it went well for you this morning. I think you're right about the peace grandma brings to the situation. :)

     
  • At 12:09 AM, August 27, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Awwwww welcome back to the grind :( It is really great that your mom is able to help- you can trust her completely and I am sure that makes a world of difference.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, August 27, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm definitely in two minds about how I'm going to feel when I return to work after months of unemployment! When I find a job, that is.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, August 29, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    i can't believe you are back to work already!!!!
    So true that having someone you know and trust watching the baby is a big stress relief!

    ....so when are we getting more pictures of baby K?!?!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, August 30, 2009, Blogger Andi said…

    You are SO lucky that your mom can watch your baby. That's one of the things I'm really worried about: who on earth will keep our child when I have to go back to work??? Eeeek! All in good time. Can only worry about so much at one time. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home