The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yes I Did!

So, I was just going to stay home and watch history unfold on television but my wonderful, loving and very important husband ended up getting my mom and I awesome tickets to the inauguration with seats literally about 100 yards from where our 44th President was being sworn in. And then, as if that wasn't cool enough, the hubby got the hook up and brought us all the way up to the lower seating area, right underneath the stage to watch the events. It was amazing and it was so cool to witness this day first hand.

Tickets


In the morning, my mom and I bundled up and joined the hoards of people getting on the Metro, packed in like sardines and made our way down town. Slowly, but surely, we got there. Once in the city we were treated like royalty with the amazing tickets we had. I'm not exaggerating. Once we showed our tickets, the police waived us through at every check point. We passed lots of unfortunate people with either no tickets or tickets that were not as good as ours and made our way to our amazing seats.

People on the platform

metro sardines

Once we were seated the hubby called me to ask if we would like to move up to the stage area...Uhhh, yeah! So, we headed up front. Unfortunately, even being very close up, you could see Obama and the others much better on the jumbo tron, which was still fine with me. His speech was inspiring and really powerful.











As we were walking up to the main stage we passed Halle Berry. She was so cute and I just couldn't help myself, I said, "hi Halle Berry" and she looked and me, waved and said hello. It was funny. Once on the stage area, I missed my shots of Jay-Z and Beyonce, which I am not too upset about, but I did get some fun pictures of some other celebs. There's Denzel Washington, Smokie Robinson, an actress from the show The Wire and basketball player Dikembe Mutombo.

Denzel


It was just awesome to be part of such an amazing day. We even got to see Executive One take off with Mr and Mrs Bush inside headed back to Andrews Air Force Base and then eventually back to Texas. Bye Bye Bushy!

Executive One Departing...Bye Bye Bush!


I know that the whole country, and really, the whole world is hopeful for the U.S. right now with Barack Obama coming into office but it's going to be a long road and there is a lot of work to do. I feel bad for our new president and the tasks he has in front of him. I hope we're not putting too much pressure on him because in reality, he is just one man. He can't solve this country's problems in one day, or even possibly his entire term in office. I pray that he is successful in all of his endeavors and I'll support him all that I can. Despite the state of our nation, it is an amazing time in history and I am so proud to be a part of it.

we live here


A Sea of People


Since there are so many, here is a link to my pictures from the inauguration:


www.flickr.com



7 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, January 21, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    How amazing! I'd love to know what your hubby does that he could get you in so close! I remembered thinking he had something to do with the democratic party when he had to go to Denver right before the convention.....hmmm....

     
  • At 1:59 PM, January 21, 2009, Blogger gusgreeper said…

    this just made me teary all over again. i had an oddddddd feeeeeeeling you were ALL OVER IT yesterday. i was thinking about you loads. what a day im real happy you were RIGHT THERE!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, January 21, 2009, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Okaaay, you guys got me, the hubby is Obama's butler. Keeding, but yes, he works for the government in some capacity and I am so unbelievably lucky to have taken advantage of his position and generosity and I was so excited to be part of this day so up close!!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, January 21, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    I can't believe you were there. How cool is that?!
    Love the pictures.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, January 22, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Rarrrr, I would have had a hard time keeping my hands off of Denzel.

    Good for you, I am excited that you were excited.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, January 24, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    How cool that you got to be so close to all the action! Great photos...now you get to tell your baby that they were there too.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, January 25, 2009, Blogger Andi said…

    Holy crappin' hell!!! You are the coolest with your great tickets and "hello Halle Berry." LOL! I love it! So glad you got to go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home