The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, December 22, 2008


On Friday while running errands on my "lunch break" I saw a sign for fresh seafood on a huge truck parked at a local market in the town where I work so I decided to stop. Not only did they have SO MANY options (lobsters, clams, oysters, mussels, whole fish, etc, etc) it was all fresh and very reasonably priced. SO, I bought two lobsters and some little neck clams for dinner. Let me tell you, dinner was phenomenal BUT, I don't think I have the heart to cook live lobsters. I made the hubby do the deed, as it were, but I still felt really bad about it, especially when he said that one of them put up a major fight.

<span class=

lobster dinner


It was truly delicious but it may be a while before we cook lobsters at home again...

This weekend we got together with our bro/sis-in-law and nephew and had our Christmas dinner and gift exchange since they will be leaving to spend the holidays with the SIL's family out of town. It was so nice. We got to spend time with the little munchkin and enjoy each other's company in a relaxed setting.

On Sunday I went to the Redskins vs. Eagles game. It was cold and windy but we managed to stay warm and oddly, the Redskins won! It was a Christmas Miracle!!

Okay, pardon my language, but being busy and pregnant is a fucking pain! I got to work this morning at a few minuted until 11am! HA HA! I woke up early to make my cookie batters because I have had no time to bake so I decided the only way to get through this is to make the batter ahead of time so that I can just sit down and bake. I made my batter for lime melt-aways, Chewy peanut butter cookies, soft lemon cookies, snicker doodles, and I made brownies that will get iced tonight.

I feel very good about my progress but this little project put me so far behind that it was almost impossible to get into work today! I finally got here and I am exhausted. It is probably a combo of doing too much this weekend and then getting up early today but the holidays will be over soon...halleluya!

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day and has all of their holiday shopping done. I am going to make a hair appointment for tomorrow. I need some pampering!

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home