The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Okay, so we went to the doc's today and had another sonogram and all I can say is WOW! I can't believe that our little blob actually looks like a baby now! Apparently it's only about 7 inches long but it has hands and legs and it was SUCKING IT'S THUMB! It's like I have a little alien in me, but it's very cool! Here are some pic's:

nose picker?

thumb sucker

To answer some of the comments...Don't anyone ever apologize for using foul language. I have to admit that one of my biggest fears is that my child will come out and it's first words will be a four letter one, mainly one starting with an "F". Let's just say mama has a potty mouth and I don't see it getting any better. I mean hey, I can't drink, I can't smoke, I can't take medicine when I'm sick for Christ's sake, so, I'll eat and curse. No harm, no foul, I hope.

I can't believe I kept this news in so long either. It was very hard but thankfully I've been very busy at work and have been traveling so that kept me off the blogisphere and didn't allow me to slip. Plus, you just don't want to jinx it you know? They say it's safer to share after 3 months so I figured I'd follow the rules just this once.

I do love how "chick" said she should have guessed by the lack of drinking going on in my life. Well, no kidding, and how dare you, what are you trying to say, that I'm an alcoholic? Okay, so I drink a lot. It's been strange, but oddly not difficult. Often when the hubby is drinking an ice cold beer I just HAVE to have some, so, I take a sip and I feel better. I did make him buy me some non-alcoholic beer but eh, just isn't the same. Once in a while it's okay but I'd rather eat a banana split than drink beer with no alcohol in it, ya know?

So that's that. We're heading to NYCEEE tomorrow to shop and act like tourists. Gotta do it once in a while and we haven't been up to visit friends in some time so tomorrow is the day. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, December 05, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Love the pictures! You are in for a wonderful ride with "the alien inside". I can't wait till you feel your baby move. It's truly amazing.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, December 07, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Love the pictures! I used to call Mason a little alien..and referred to myself as a pod. Also, I cuss A LOT. A lot. a lot! I'm sure Mason will drop the F bomb sooner rather then later. I try hard not to, but I tend to mutter them...heaven help me. And him.
    Are you going to find out what you are having?! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home