The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

So...the holiday season is upon us again and I am trying my hardest to keep a positive attitude. I am almost 100% done shopping so that is a bonus. I think I have one or two things left to get and then I'm done. Yipeeee!!

I have been sneaking out of work for my lunch breaks and getting some shopping done so it has been even less painful than usual. My serious problem when shopping is seeing something that I want, need, whatever, and buying it while out buying for other people. So far while shopping for others I've managed to buy myself two new rings (they were only $4 a piece so don't judge just yet), a set of holiday guest towels, a new tablecloth, and a few holiday goodies (WHAT? the baby's hungry!) Mmmmm toffee...Anyway, I figure look, I'm not going to ask for these things that I see for Christmas at this point because well, it's just too late and if I want it, I might as well just buy it for myself, right? And even if I ask for it, it's not like I'm 8 and Santa will bring it to me. It's unfortunate being an adult some times. Basically, if I want it I need to just buy it or covet it in the store until it goes on sale and I can afford to buy it...

The hubby has agreed that we don't have to go to some of our normal Christmas Day stops this year and that makes me very, very happy. On top of being tired and grumpy, I just don't think that last stop will add anything to the day. So, it should be a great Christmas.

My wonderful hubby got our whole house decorated with Christmas lights on Sunday, possibly the coldest, windiest day on earth, and it looks awesome! All the lights are hung and working and it looks so festive. Another plus of being pregnant, no one makes you help put Christmas lights up, or anything else you really don't want to do for that matter. But, I have a sneaking suspicion that the hubby secretly likes to do it. He should, I would be proud of how nice our house looks if I were him.

Anyway, back to writing out Christmas cards, er, ummm, work...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home