The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, January 30, 2009

Two Things

Okay....first, the most important/exciting thing!!! I FINALLY felt the baby today! I was kind of in between laughing and crying - well, I didn't do either because I was at work BUT, I FELT THE BABY! I FELT THE BABY!

I have to admit, I was starting to get a little nervous. When you're pregnant EVERYONE loves to give you their opinions and insights and little tid bits. Some of you may know this...Anyway, I have been hearing for the last month+ that I should be feeling the baby by now. Well guess what? I WASN'T. At first I was just like, okay, it will come. As of earlier this week I was convinced that my baby was dead. I know, I know, dramatic, but what the hell. You spend your entire youth trying not to get pregnant then when you're "ready" for it, you have to protect it and worry every second that anything can go wrong. God help me when this little person is actually here and can get into so much more danger.

Anyway, I was sitting in kind of a scrunched up position, hiding the fact that I was finishing up a book at my desk (more of that in a minute), and I felt this kind of twitching. Then kind of a movement. Then more twitching. I knew instantly what it was! My little Peanut was finally making his presence known. Now I'm sure I'll be begging before long for it to just stop and give me some peace. But for now, the movement is my peace! Yayyy my baby's alive!!!

Ooooh Look! Scary alien looking fetus drawing:


fetus


NOW...onto books. Damn you, damn you, damn you Book Club! So, usually we take a poll on about 3 books to decide what we'll read for book club. I wanted Middlesex, but apparently the majority did not! SO, we are reading Twilight.


Twilight

Well, I have been avoiding this book because I just figured, eh, vampires? Not my thing really. I just wasn't interested. Well, I ordered the book and it came on Wednesday evening. And now I'm done reading this 500 page book in a day and a half, and it only took me that long because I had to do silly things like come to work, go to meetings speak to other human beings, and other things like that...

I know the general audience of these books, and apparently, so does my husband because he is now calling me a teenage girl. Well, so be it. I really liked this damn book. I mean, yes, it's "fantasy" but it was so easy to read. It was full of teen angst and emotion and I just really enjoyed getting wrapped up in it and reading it. Now I have to go get the other 3 in the series...damn it!

Happy weekend Everyone!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, January 30, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Yay I am so excited for you! I bet it is an amazing feeling!!!

    I haven't read the Twilight series, but am loving the Wally Lamb I am almost finished with.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, February 01, 2009, Blogger Andi said…

    Yay for somersaulting babies!!! Well, maybe not somersaulting, but movement is good!

    And yayyyy that you got sucked into Twilight! All of the grown women fans (like me) are cheering that we have another convert.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, February 02, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    YAY for you! I LOVED feeling my babies move. It's incredible!

    Don't listen to people and their crap. All babies develop in their own time and unless your doctor is concerned you just be happy! Everyone is quick to tell you their horror stories too. DON'T LISTEN!

     
  • At 10:54 PM, February 02, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    I love that you call the kicking your peace...keep kicking, baby!

    I so love these books...I'm 1/2 way through the 2nd one. read the 1st on fast too. I now have to hurry to read the rest too because people keep wanting to tell me what's going to happen next.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, February 05, 2009, Blogger Sassy said…

    OH. MY. GOD. Times 2.

    First..so exciting that you can feel the wee one! Isn't it the greatest. Just wait until he's bigger and you can poke back. Mason and I would just poke back and forth. I could do it for hours...I loved feeling him move.

    Second...I just finished the Twilight series and beyond LOVED it. I couldn't stop. I was neglecting everything just to read another page, another chapter...at times i found I wasn't breathing and the last book? My stomach was in knots, I felt nervous and nauseous. They are SO great!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, March 05, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    middlesex is on my list this year, will probably read it in the summer. book i picked has already been read in the club this year it was ok.

    WOOT on feeling your baby!

    i love vampires but im not planning on reading twilight anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home