The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SNOW DAY!

FINALLY it's snowing here. It has been brutally cold this winter, already, but I haven't seen a lick of snow, or any other precipitation for that matter. It's just not worth having winter if it's not going to do something. I'm all for global warming if it's going to be warm out all year long. I know, I know, not a good thing...

Anyway, it's finally snowing significantly here. There's not a lot on the ground yet but it's coming down steadily and isn't supposed to stop until this evening. And, because I am a super wimp, and because I got cocky once and decided to drive in the snow and got into an accident, I no longer drive in the snow. So, here I sit with the pooch, enjoying a snow day!

<span class=


Lucy has been going NUTS playing in the snow. She loves it. In a little bit I will be bundling up and we're going for a fun, snowy walk to the park. I can't wait.

Here are a few pic's and a video of crazy snow dog, Lucy!

<span class=

<span class=




7 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, January 27, 2009, Blogger Andi said…

    LOLLL! I love it! That vid of Lucy is hilarious. Her perched on top of the hot tub is the best.

    We haven't had any snow, but my area of TX is supposed to have freezing rain and sundry ice today. Looks like I'll have to teach my first class, but I expect I'll pack it up and call it a day after that.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, January 27, 2009, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Yay for a snow day! I really needed one today but here I sit at work.

    Have you seen this? I found Denzel, weren't you close to him? I can't locate you! Zoom in and let me know where you are in relation to him!

    http://davidbergman.net/Obama.html

     
  • At 10:57 AM, January 27, 2009, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Steph, that picture is so cool! Unfortunately I wasn't on the stage until after Obama's speech :O( If I was, I would have been that girl in the white coat taking a picture from those small set of steps. That's exactly where I was!!! I do believe I see the back of my hubby though!!

    Sorry you're at work! Hope you can get out of there early :O)

     
  • At 2:51 PM, January 27, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's been in the 60s and 70s in Houston! Crazy State, crazy weather. Now stay home until after Julius is born!

     
  • At 5:34 PM, January 27, 2009, Blogger Oh great One said…

    She looks like she's having a ball in the snow!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, January 27, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love dogs in the snow, sooooooooo cute.

    we've had more snow in Vancouver this year since the 50's now you'd think this would be a good thing you know with the winter Olympics a year away in two weeks, but if you can believe it this city has no snow plan and i just *can't wait* to see how much MORE we have to pay for a city getting the bloody WINTER Olympics to come up with one. this is going to be one hell of a year and four weeks out here. :) happy snow day!!

     
  • At 10:25 PM, January 27, 2009, Blogger Chick said…

    So much joy in the snow! I love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home