The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Last weekend was a busy one. I had a baby shower to go to for one of my good friends. And as a woman I know that at one point or another I have or will have a shower in my honor but I swear, they are SO LAME! I mean, it's fine to get together with your girlfriends and it's especially nice to honor your friend that is getting married or having a baby or what have you, but I was wondering, would it be rude if you didn't open gifts at a shower? I mean, I know it's a major reason for the shower and many people want to see the loot that you get and want to see you open their gift but it's soooo boring. It takes soooo long. There has to be another way. I'm going to have to figure out what that way is.

Also this weekend we celebrated my Father In Law's 75th Birthday! My MIL had an "open house" for him which was so, so nice. They had lots of yummy food and drinks and lots of friends came to visit for his big day. As a matter of fact, I think about 80 people showed up! It was a lovely day but I still can't believe that he is 75! He is a fire cracker and in great shape. I hope he's around for another 20 years!

And of course, what you all want to see, we had a Lucy photo shoot this weekend so you get to benefit from our little poser. Enjoy!

<span class=
Lucy looking like a bat upside down

<span class=
You lookin' at me? - the serious pose

<span class=
Like Oh My God! - the valley girl

<span class=
Hello There. The surprised look!

<span class=
The blink - Please, no more paparazzi!

<span class=
The "I love my daddy" pose!

<span class=
The "Paris Hilton/Red Carpet" pose. Work it Lucy!

7 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, November 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dunno, I think the "paparazzi" pose makes her look rather like Scooby Doo... :)

     
  • At 4:04 PM, November 12, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    LOL, the bat photo is my fave. Lucy is such a cutie tooter.

    And I'm with you on showers. I have a phobia about them. Somewhat depressing and way lame. I think I'll just have a drinking party if I ever have a shower. Unless it's a baby shower...I'll be drinking sparkling cider then.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, November 12, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Na na na na na na BATDOG!

     
  • At 12:22 AM, November 13, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    Showers are horrible...there's no way around it.

    She DOES look like an upsidedown bat : )

     
  • At 10:41 AM, November 13, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Hey lady...I gave you a Kreativ Blogger Award over at my place!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, November 14, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    I've been to showers where we were asked to bring the presents unwrapped and they were placed on a table with your card so the person could see/look and the rest of the time was spent having some good ol' girly fun. They were great showers!!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, November 14, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Yay for new pictures.

    Showers are SO lame, but a necessary evil I suppose. Just drink a lot, I find that passes the time nicely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home