The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I can not believe that it is the 3rd week of November already. AND, that next week is Thanksgiving already. Where does the time go?

On Saturday we leave for Florida for our family Thanksgiving trip. We switch every year which side of the family we spend Thanksgiving with and this year we are revisiting the whole "let's go on vacation together" scenario. Last time we headed to Florida with my fam, as most family trips go, you plan for 5 days, you wish you would have made the trip longer and then when day 4 comes along and you're ready to strangle every person in your family, you thank the heavens that you are leaving the next day and will get to be away from these miserable people you call family and will get to snuggle up with your pup once again! Wheewwww, annnnd SCENE!

This year we are going for 7 days. I am hoping and praying that by the time next Saturday rolls around I am still on speaking terms with all family members and that there is no love lost and no one gets thrown from a window...

I am going to arrive with a positive attitude. We've planned to do some things differently this time, like not sharing a car with my brother and his family. And honestly, as long as I'm with my darling husband and the weather is warm and sunny, as it's supposed to be, we'll be just fine! I am looking forward to getting away since it's been super cold and windy here the last few days. The only part I hate about going away is leaving my pooch. I miss that little bitch so much when I'm away from her.

We are trying a new "dog sitter" while we're away this time. My cousin, who is a senior in college, and also works as a house/dog sitter in her spare time, will be staying at our house with little miss Lucy-fer. I think she's pretty trustworthy and as long as she takes good care of the pooch, then all is good in my book!

So, what are all of you (in the U.S., that is) doing for Thanksgiving? Are you cooking? Traveling? Hiding under a rock?

6 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, November 18, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    My inlaws are coming into town for Thanksgiving. They told us where ever we are is where they want to be for Thanksgiving. Have I mentioned that I love them like crazy?

    I hope you have a great time on your trip. I have this question nagging at me though..Didn't you like the last people who watched your pup? Or is it because she's your cousin that you are switching?

     
  • At 4:21 PM, November 18, 2008, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO, we LOVED the last people that watched the pooch and were going to use them again but my aunt mentioned that my cousin does that on the side AND she's A TON cheaper...the last people were very expensive. Don't get me wrong, they are worth every dime but if I can save some cash and give money to family as opposed to strangers I'd pick that route every time. I just hope it works as well as the last time did. Fingers Crossed! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving, sounds like you will!!!

     
  • At 10:56 PM, November 18, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    How lucky you are to be able to get warm with family in Florida!

    I'm going to switch between hiding under a rock & cooking for family this Thanksgiving at home...let the fun begin.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, November 20, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    I'm jealous that you'll be in sunny warm Florida while I continue to dig us out of the snow...and there's now turkey dinner to look forward to!

    Have a fun trip!

     
  • At 5:49 PM, November 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll take "hiding under a rock" for $100, Bee. I hate the holidaze what with being single and away from family and friends. Bah humbug.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, November 20, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Good luck with the trip, and I'm sure miss Lucy is in good hands. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home