The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So my office moved locations over the weekend so yesterday entailed figuring out my new route to and from work, trying to find the bathroom, the printer, the copy machine, unpacking and trying to climb out of boxes. It was tons of fun!

The best part was the lame assholes that found it necessary to come ask me about meetings, where things were located, etc while looking at me in a sea of crap with no computer hooked up and pretty much in the same boat as them. These are the people that I want to punch in the face. But alas, I smile, and in the most non condescending way try to explain to them that we are all in the same situation at the moment and that I know just about as much as they do...idiots.

On Saturday we saw the B52's. They're old now but damn, they still rock! I love them. We had a great time at the concert. There were lots and lots of men with wigs and dresses on in the crowd, which was fun. Hubby feels as though this is the first and last time he needs to see them live. Understandable. I guess it's a girl thing...it was just plain old fun to me!

Last night we took pooch to her basic training class. She did pretty well. She's making progress. She did her sits and her lay down's. She did her stays, kind of, and her stands. She came when called and she also acted like the crazy puppy that she is. I love that little bitch!

At the end of class, one of the weirdo trainers from the "advanced" class where the dogs are trained to be robots that don't react to anything unless given permission from their owners, decided to give us some advice...I'll set it up properly.

After class, some of the other pup's in our class wanted to have a little sniff of Lucy and do a little playing. I find nothing wrong with this. She's a puppy, and if the other owners are cool with it then it's all good with me. Well, we were reprimanded, told to stop playing and then weirdo trainer said to me, "if you want your dog to learn and to listen to you, you should not let her do that, she has to learn to listen to you and not want to play with other dogs more..." I turned to her, thanked her for her "advice" and walked away.

I appreciate this woman's love of training things, I suppose. I appreciate that she has some kind of expertise in this area, but...my dog is a 9 month old lab mix. She's nuts! She loves squirrels and birds and people and most especially other dogs of all sizes. She'll never be a "show dog", she'll never compete in agility courses or obedience demonstrations - unless of course it's to show what not to do. You know what I want her to do? I want her to stop jumping on people and to listen to me when I tell her to stay so that if a car is coming she won't get hit by it. Other than that, that trainer can go eff herself with a milk bone...whoops, did I say that? Lord, our pooch is gonna end up getting expelled from school. HA!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, April 29, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    Meh..some people think they have all the answers. Some basic obedience and she'll be a great dog who listens AND gets to be a dog!

     
  • At 11:24 AM, April 30, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Holy crap. Our trainer REALLY encouraged us to let the dogs off leash in the play area so they could sniff and jump and be puppies. She insisted that we not correct them because when they're with other dogs, it's dog time.

    Lucy sounds adorable! Daisy would love to frolic with her and nip at her tail, I'm sure.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, April 30, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    OMG what an ass that trainer was.

    Somebody told me yesterday that my dog should always be walking by my side and should be looking forward AT ALL TIMES - I was like 'he is a spaniel, they love birds, I don't care if he looks at them!' Punks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home