The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, April 14, 2008

For the first time in I don't know how long I got D-R-U-N-K on Friday night. One of the girls we were with fell down and I puked!!! I don't know the last time that's happened...Saturday was a day for hangovers and fried chicken. Lovely!

The hubby and I did actually become quite productive as Saturday went on so I don't feel so bad. We ended up going to the Amish Market in our area and picking up some fabulous looking steaks. We came home and made a fabulous spring dinner. The weather was amazing, and of course, too good to be true. We had our rib eye's and artichokes on the grill, blue cheese and shallot mashed potatoes, red and yellow tomato, avocado and mozzarella salad and for desert I made a pecan - bourbon bunt cake. It was a feast fit for a king and we ate like it was our last meal. It's fun to do sometimes I suppose.

Sunday was a rude awakening as it was significantly colder than it had been the day before. At least we got a Saturday of warmth. I woke up with a sore throat and a pounding head and it's even worse today. I don't understand how I can go the whole winter without getting sick and then as soon as spring begins I get a "cold". What the hell is that about? I am considering going home early and crashing because I don't think I can last a whole day with these fluorescent lights blaring down on me...

I hope everyone is having a lovely Monday!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, April 14, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I bet your neighbors were jealous smelling your food! I wanna be your neighbor.:(

     
  • At 11:30 AM, April 14, 2008, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    I wish you were our neighbors, then you could come over and eat with us, and drink margaritas!!!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, April 14, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I lovely Monday? What's that??

    The dinner sounds divine! I am so jealous - our dinners in consist of sandwiches and maybe some pasta every once in a while!

    Sounds like you had quite the time Friday night!! Ha! I am glad there were no long term effects!

    Have a good week!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, April 14, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    It's been sooooo long since I've even had a drink..I can smell it now...

    Can I move in on the other side of you?!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, April 14, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    Dear God, that sounds like a fantastic meal! Yum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home