The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, April 24, 2008


So, yesterday was GLORIOUS! Most of my team is out of town for some meetings so my boss emailed me late in the morning and told me that he was happy that I'm on board and to take the rest of the afternoon off if I could! I was so excited. That was the nicest email I think I've ever received!!

So, I left a couple of hours later, stopped at the hardware store to get the rest of the supplies I needed for my garden then headed home. I made some stakes for my tomato and pepper plants then I covered the entire "garden" with netting to keep the birds, squirrels and deer out of my goodies! As you can see from the picture, Lucy is guarding the plants here. Either that or she's trying to figure out how she can get in there to bury something!!




Anyway, I've planted yellow tomatoes, red tomatoes, sweet yellow peppers, habanero peppers, rosemary, parsley, chives, basil and mint. I hope some of this stuff grows! When I was a kid my parents always helped us grow vegetables and on top of the fact that home grown veggies and herbs always taste better, we always had so much pride in the fruits of our labor.

The garden is in our front yard, which I know is unconventional, but it's the only place that we get consistent sun throughout the day. The bushes that were once in that spot died and are gone so there was a big hole there, which looked weird. I"m hoping this doesn't look weird too. According to my MIL, you should NEVER have a garden in your front yard. But I say, eh, fuck her...Just kidding (kind of).

So, the rest of the afternoon the pooch and I sat out on the back deck and enjoyed an afternoon of leisure in the nice weather. I took some pictures of our little dog model (doesn't she look like she's posing in some of the shots) as we were hanging out. She's taught herself how to get on and off the hot tub top. Sometimes she just sits up there and surveys her property. It's very cute. Anyway, enjoy some more shots of our pooch enjoying a day with her mama!




www.flickr.com



5 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, April 24, 2008, Blogger Andi said…

    LOL, Lucy is as big a ham as Daisy is! I need to take some new pics of her soon.

    I love your garden! I have big plans for an herb garden, and I've already got my little pepper seedlings all ready to go!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, April 24, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    What a little star!
    Hey - if you're going to plant a garden, it doesn't matter where it is :) In my case, it's a matter of where will I plant the things that will die in no time. If it's the front yard, it just means that the whole neighbourhood is privy to it.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, April 24, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm glad you found a spot for your garden! We have too many trees around here for me to plant one. The sunniest spot is in my driveway! HA! I'm glad you got the afternoon off!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, April 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ~sigh~ a "garden" contains grass and shrubs and trees and whatnot ... a "yard" is a concrete pad enclosed by a fence.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, April 25, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Sounds like a great afternoon and the pics of Lucy are adorable. I hope you have nice weather this weekend! It is going to be lovely here tomorrow and I plan to take full advantage.

    Have a good weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home