The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So I got home yesterday evening to the pooch looking at me, guilty as sin, tail wagging and BOTH my favorite and most worn pairs of flip flops torn to shreds! I pretty much live in my flip flops when I'm at home and as soon as the weather permits, and it's appropriate, I wear my flops pretty much everywhere, except for when nicer shoes are called for, obviously...



Anyway, I wanted to ring her neck and I wanted to scream but I didn't. I opened the back door, shooed her out and got on the computer to order new flops. $80 later...





Now, I don't spend a lot of money on flip flops normally, however, these flops are the most comfortable leather flops you'll ever wear. They're called "butter", and for good cause. They feel great. Plus, they last a long time, if your dog doesn't eat them, I'd say a year or two. To me it's the same as buying 5 - 10 pairs of the cheap flops that fall apart in a week. Oddly, as if to taunt me, that little bitch left one flop from each pair completely unscathed. Almost to say, you could wear these, but oops, no you can't!




So, we went out for a walk in the rain. I think we were gone for about an hour or so. We came home and went to obedience class. It was exhausting again. I swear, I don't care how much I try to tire Lucy out, she is still full of energy when she wants to be. Our instructor is this little old woman and I swear I thought Lucy was going to knock her over during one of her violent jump up and kiss you moments!





We have this "system" that whoever leaves the house last makes sure that everything is picked up or at best anything edible to Lucy gets put away. Well, the hubby was the last to leave yesterday. It was by no means his fault that the flops were eaten but I think he felt a little guilty because when we got home the little sweety had a bag with three pairs of really nice, cute flip flops in it for me! He called my mom to find out what size shoes I wore and my sister to find out where to get cute shoes! He is too sweet for words...yeah I know DK - puke!

Anyway, I am taking his flops back only because I already ordered the others on-line, but I have a feeling this is just one of those lessons that we're going to have to learn over and over again. I'm sure it's not the last pair of flops that Lucy will enjoy in her lifetime!

It's not really raining anymore but it's still cloudy. The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow and I can't wait. I like the rain and all but too much of it is so depressing!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Aww bad news about the flip flops. You know when I was a kid we called them thongs. I guess it's the same idea....

     
  • At 4:00 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Wow that was really nice of your SO - what a sweet man!

    Sorry she is being a pain. Rudy constantly amazes me with the crap he pulls, that is why he is crated!!! It took him eating my couch to teach me to never leave him unattended.

    She is a cutie though, you can't really stay mad at her long, huh?

     
  • At 7:26 PM, April 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't take the "extra" flops back! You can never have enough good flops! That widdle face in the first photo makes me want to slobber all over her!! Oh, and have you asked TSO lately if he's gay? I'm just saying... ;)

     
  • At 8:35 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Chick said…

    I learned this lesson the hard way too...but your shoes away or poochiepoo will eat them : )

    Glad you got some new ones...come on Summer!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger Sassy said…

    See...I would never take those extra flip-flops back!! You can never have enough flip-flops (or shoes for that matter!).

    Reminds me of a joke:

    What do you call a french man in sandles?

    Phillipe Phillope.

    Hahaha *groan*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home