The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Neighborhood Slut?

You decide...

So, it appears that our pup is pretty popular among the boys in the hood. I really think that our baby may be one of the only female dogs in our neighborhood because every dog/puppy we encounter seems to be a boy. We have our "regulars" who frequent the yard often and help us tucker our little monster out.

Our first boyfriend is Duke, the bulldog across the street. He's about two and although he keeps up with Nola pretty well she does a pretty good job of outrunning him on a regular basis and still having tons of energy to continue on. Here are some shots of Nola and Duke loving each other:




































Nola also has a new boyfriend. He's a younger man and his name is Henry. He's a four month old Yellow Lab and he is so freakin cute. Recently during a play date Henry's mom told us that she was walking Henry around the hood and stopped to play with a 9 month old golden retriever named Gus. She said she mentioned that Henry had a new girlfriend named Nola to which Gus' mom replied, Oh, we know Nola, we've known her since she was a little puppy and Gus LOVES her. Apparently Henry's mom was not pleased so she got very territorial and told her that Nola was HENRY'S GIRLFRIEND. Well, Dukes mom didn't really like the story because she says that Nola is DUKE'S GIRLFRIEND! I think it's hilarious.

Here are some shots of Nola and Henry making out, I mean, playing:






























We're having Nola fixed on Monday. Probably for our own good. I'm sad about it because I know she's gonna be scared but it'll be okay.



Work sucks, like I thought it would. I feel bad because I haven't had a chance to catch up on anyone's blogs these days. I am going to do that right now, instead of working! Yeah! I'll show 'em.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    This post was funny to me because no one in my neighborhood takes their dogs to play with anyone elses. The dogs just stare through the fences and bark at us.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    oh my goodness the babies are SOOOOOO cute playing together.

    Dude, Rudy needs a playmate BAD. I have him on Dogster and another doggie dating site to try to find some playmates.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, July 12, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO - Aww, that's so sad about your neighborhood dogs! Seriously, I don't think me and the hubby would talk to half our neighbors if it weren't for our dog. She's made us so much more social and friendly. All the dogs in our hood play with one another

    Cold Hands - I wish you were close by. I bet our pups would LOVE each other and play so well together. Do they really have like "dating" sites for dogs? That is so crazy! In our hood you just go for a walk and if you run into one of your pals you stop and play. There are tons of dogs in my neighborhood

     
  • At 7:15 PM, July 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is so cute. poor gus, indoor cat gets NO action at all.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    How cute! She'll be ok...it's probably harder on you than it will be on her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home