The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, July 16, 2007

I dropped my baby off this morning to be spayed. I was so sad. They gave her the the anesthetic shot and it hurt her. She flinched and gave a little cry. My poor baby. Then they took her back where I wasn't allowed to go. I hope she does well. Apparently they use a laser now so there's less bleeding and she heals quicker. I just wanted to cry but I know she's in good hands.

We're dog/house sitting for some family but only on the weekends for the next two weeks. The sitting started last night but since it's so far from the hubby's work he went home and I stayed over night. The dogs are two 9 month old retrievers and they are HUGE. One of their heads is the size of Nola's body. Well, these dogs sleep in their parents room but not in their bed so I had my dog in the bed with me and their dogs in the room and let me tell you...I might have collectively slept an hour the whole night. I had a splitting headache and I was seriously considering putting them all in separate rooms so they would go to sleep and shut the fuck up. I swear they would wait until I fell asleep every time and then one of them would stir or one would bark and then they'd all start. I got to see EVERY hour tick by on the clock. Until I got some real sleep between 6am and 6:32am. It's been a long time since I've seen night turn into day without being completely hammered and I'm not going to lie to you, it's really not that fun. This volunteer job could prove to be very interesting and exhausting.

One positive about this casa is the mammoth yard/pool/lounge area they have in their back yard. It's the kind of set up you see at a community pool or one that you pay to get into. They have enough lounge chairs and tables and seating for all of your friends and that will be put to good use in the next couple of weekends - I hope. Plus hey, naked sun bathing and swimming. What could be better than that?

Work should be better this week. We'll see. Hope everyone had a delicious weekend!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, July 16, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Lasers are amazing. My older cat got declawed the old fashioned way and he limped around on bandages for ever. My younger cat got declawed with a laser and she was right as rain soon after.

    I know it's not the same procedure but I was amazed by the difference. I know NOLA will be a-ok. You're being a good mom.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, July 16, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    If nothing else Bob Barker will be proud, right?

     
  • At 5:19 PM, July 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thinking sleeping pills all around ...

     
  • At 5:32 PM, July 16, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    yes being in a room with three young pups would do me in as well. Next time I think it might be good to get a little tipsy before bed!

     
  • At 2:06 AM, July 19, 2007, Blogger wopanese said…

    awww... the naked stuff sounds great... my kitten needs to be spayed... and SOON...


    she's struttin around, butt up in the air... it's funny AND disturbing...

    never heard the purr she makes now...

    well, just poppin in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home