The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Today is Tuesday and I feel like I've been here all week already. Yesterday I worked from 8:30am until 8:30pm and was back in again today at 8:30am. It's a busy, busy week here at the ole' office!

Sunday the hubby and I had my parents and sisters over to thank them for watching our pooch while we were away in Florida. We made a KICK ASS dinner. Beautifully marbled rib eye steaks on the grill, lobster tails with cumin and lime butter on the grill, avocado and mango salad with a lime, mint vinaigrette a rice dish and for desert La Bete Noir (The Black Beast) - a flourless chocolate cake with chocolate ganache accompanied by vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries and blackberries. Everything turned out so well!! So - if anyone wants to volunteer to watch our dog for us in the future, you know what you'll get in return. Kind of sweetens the deal, huh?

So this Sunday is Mother's day and I have no idea what to get my multiple mothers. I mean, I don't really go all out for Mom's day as it is b/c I have no money and really, at this age, what the hell do you get your mom? It was cute when I was little and macaroni art was sufficient but now I'm all out of ideas. I'm thinking a nice bouquet of flowers for the MIL, Step-mom and mom. Can't go wrong with that. Anyone have any other inexpensive gift ideas?

Well, back to work. Hope Everyone is having a great week so far!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    wow work sounds like it sucks right now!

    I am at a total loss as to what to get my mom. There is some cool cheap jewelry at Red Envelope but my moms not a jewelry person... I've got nothing...

     
  • At 3:11 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Even bouquets can get pricey! I've started doing picture gifts for my momS. Last year they were little bound photo books, this year notepads and coffee mugs with my kids pictures on them. Perhaps they'd like a NOLA mug?

     
  • At 5:18 PM, May 09, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    I'll puppy sit anytime...but you have to bring her here!

    I find it hard to buy for my mother and MIL...my mom's birthday is the 11th so I get hit twice. Empty pockets.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    That mango salad sounds soooo good.

    Flowers work...just pick out special ones...like maybe a real Spring bouquet with bright colors or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home