The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

So, I try not to ever talk about or mention my "work" on this blog because I don't want to be one of those people that gets fired because someone at work happens upon it and figures out who I am and decides it's inappropriate. Although, I'm fairly certain almost everyone I work with has some type of blog or on-line journal going on. I actually visit one of my co-worker's blogs regularly.

Anyway, I'm talking about work now.

So we got a new GM. The new GM is based out of the opposite side of the country with no intentions of moving here which is fine and better for business I presume. GM also probably comes with a posse of peeps that she employs wherever she goes. Her "team" as it were. And that's fine too. I mean, that's how the world works. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Especially in the line of work that I'm in. Bottom line, I think I will be out a job in a few months.

I'm not worried or scared. I mean, I have been here for, wow, probably close to 8 years now, but I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that things always seem to work themselves out. I think what I am is just shocked. I mean, the reality of this and the fact that it most likely will happen is just weird. Maybe I'll find another position within the company or maybe they'll offer me a package to leave. Now THAT would be awesome. I would take the package and then take some time off and then scramble to find a new job, kidding. But, we'll see what happens. I think I just need to talk about it and not with the people that I work with and that are nervous and freaking out.

So basically, I will probably be losing my job here soon unless there is some kind of miracle that I'm not betting on. That is all...

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM, May 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to MY world!! At least I was forewarned about my *second* layoff in 12 months. The first one was the shock of my life after six years on that job. It's like going through a divorce. Anyhoo, get your résumé updated and polished ... and good luck.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    You're right..working is for chumps.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    omg thats huge.

    you can come work with me, but you will have to move to Texas. how fun would that be?

     
  • At 5:11 PM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Change isn't always bad. Sometimes we need a little shake-up. Like moving across country. *wink*

    Put out some feelers to see what's out there. You may be surprised.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, May 11, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    Well I'm sorry to hear that your job may go *poof*, but I am glad that you're not freakin'. Your talented self would find something new in no time.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, May 12, 2007, Blogger Calvin said…

    i hear you there.. every time someone upstairs quits i start worrying where that leaves me..

    all the best, and have a good weekend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home