The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Well after 3 awesome weeks of LOST we get a real lame-o episode last night...Oh well. They can't all be Emmy worthy I presume.

Other than that, I really have to apologize because I am at a total loss. I have absolutely NOTHING to say, and that seems odd, even to me. Every time I get ready to write something it ends up being so boring and lame that I erase it. Maybe that's what happened to the LOST writers last night. Anyway, I'm going to catch up on all of you since I have nothing to contribute. Hopefully I'll do something exciting tonight/this weekend and have something to spew about.

Adios amigos!

UPDATE:

Never, EVER complain that you're boring, have nothing to talk about, nothing has happened...whatever. I totally jinxed myself.

I just came back inside from an hour + of trying to get my fucking dog from my neighbors yard! I am bleeding, I am dirty, it decided to POUR while I was out there, the dog is muddy and wet, I WAS in a white sweatshirt but I don't know that it will ever be white again. I almost started crying at one point I was so frustrated.

So, back story...the other night my dog found a spot in the gate between our house and our weird neighbors house where she could shimmy under to the other side. Thankfully this happened when my husband was taking her out and the neighbor was in her yard so she opened the gate for him to come get her.

Well today I decide to go into work a little late. I'm home, I'm doing some work on the computer and hey, the poor dog needs to go out, I'll take her real quick. The little shit goes straight for the spot. I yell for her. She taunts me. I pull out a treat. She runs in circles in the neighbors yard. I walk away. She comes towards the fence. WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA DO?

I go check the neighbors gate and it's bolted shut and too tall to jump. I go to the other side and the fence is about 7 feet tall with no handle so that's out. I go to the door and no one comes. I knock, I knock, I knock...nothing but yippy dog barks from inside.

I go inside and get the step stool and place it on the other side of the fence for the dog to step up and I'll grab her and pull her over. Yeah...right! I put the step stool on the outside of the fence and place my recycling bin on the inside of the fence. I try to climb over but it's still too high so I can't reach the bin meaning if I get over I will never be able to get back.

I go get the leash and somehow get it on the dog through one of the gate posts. At this point my arms and hands are scraped and bruised. Then I hear thunder. I swear it was like a bad joke. Then it starts pouring and my dog is running back and forth in the dirt. FUCK!

I go back into my yard and try to coax her back to the spot where she climbed through. She comes for a treat and I grab her collar. She's pissed. I'm shaking I'm so mad. I grab a hold of the leash and thread it through the fence until I get in the right spot. More scrapes and bruises. I pull the fence up so she sees she can come back through. I start pulling her leash. Finally she's close enough that I can grab her legs. She starts flailing wildly and trying to bite me. I wanted to KILL HER. I was really on the verge of tears at this point. So I've got the fence in one hand trying to pull it up. I have the leash in the other hand, the dog is pulling so hard I think my fingers are gonna get snipped off. Finally she pulls really hard and the fence slips through my fingers...slice. There's blood all over. NOW I AM READY TO FUCKING KILL! I'm laying in dirt and ivy and whatever excrement that my dog leaves in that particular spot. My husband is on his way home to help me. I am done. She can fucking rot over there for all I care. I tie her leash to an azalea bush and I get up and walk away. Before I could get to the back door that little bitch comes right under the fence on her own.

She is currently in her crate where she will stay until I calm down and feel like letting her out. Now I have to go take a shower because I look and smell like a wet dog!

12 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    You could never be dull! You're the empress of funk!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger AndyT13 said…

    So glad to see you again! Love ya!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    What a morning you've had! Come on over and I'll make you some cake.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO - I wish I could, except switch cake with Martini. Thank god today's not Monday or I would just stay in bed the rest of the week!

     
  • At 3:08 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Andi - you got here before my little adventure ;O)

    Andy - hi good to "see" you too

     
  • At 6:05 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger wopanese said…

    aww... poor doggie... poor Funky...

    this was definitely a video moment... for after... like a WHILE after...

    one of those horrible events that you can look back at and laugh, if a bit uncomfortably...

    Hope you have a better weekend!

    Me? I'm going to piece together my band and make sure I get all the gigs..

    I got Yoko Ono'd then I was back in... then the dude who kicked my out (supposedly backed up by the other bandmates, which was totally bogus).. quit the band and tried to blame it all on MY girl.

    Umm... yeah, like his wife was so totally innocent.

    Damn.

    Sounds like we BOTH need a good weekend, eh?

    Peace on ya, girl!

    Wop

     
  • At 7:07 PM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yuck. pet incidents are never fun. sorry to hear that.

    in regards to Lost. It is getting a little crazy.. and did you notice the HUGE HUGE HUGE editing error they made? when Jin chased the 'other' dude into the bushes and faught him desmand and i think charlie joined them and then suddenly with no one moving anywhere everyone was next to the fallen female again. for a show of that caliber it was a huge error.
    or maybe i was just bored and noticed that. Heh.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Wop - As a matter of fact, when I told my mom the story she wailed with laughter. It did make me laugh so I guess I'm over it but my arms are totally beat up! I hope we both have fabulous weekends!

    GG - I'm so glad you said something about the lost error. I noticed it IMMEDIATELY! I askes TSO - hey, how did the girl end up right behind them when they just ran through the woods and away from her...? At least next week's ep looks good.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, April 27, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Oh no!
    I won't complain that I have nothing of interest to say!
    I would have been fuming. The dog would be lucky to be alive...

    Hope you are better and calmed down :)

     
  • At 6:44 PM, April 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Since the gate opens onto your property, perhaps an arrangement with the neighbour for a two-way bolt mechanism is in order.

    2. Fix the bloody fence, dumbarse. [snicker]

    3. Leave your dog in their yard and a note on their door.

    4. Go read my last post before it gets buried in my next post. Seriously.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger peachy said…

    I've totally been exactly where you are. I hope your neighbor fixes the fence soon, or else, I would leave her there until the neighbor comes home or she realizes you don't care, and comes crying home.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    ahhhh yes, gotta love all of that!

    I came home last night to find that Sammy had torn in to the car cleaning supplies I had just bought (the Armoral wipes and Windex wipes) I thought I was going to kill him, and he's not even a puppy anymore!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home