The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So I totally forgot that I had a "presentation" workshop for two days in my office. I feel like I've been in a time warp. BUT I have learned the art of effective speaking and presenting. Actually it was a very good class. Got some much needed eye contact skills, learned to pause between points rather than say "um" or "like". It was fun.

So, it's been snowing, sleeting, raining since Monday and finally caused a little bit of a commotion. I left work a little early last night because it was getting icy and right now I am sitting at home. All of the schools are closed and even the government is on a delayed schedule. I will at some point, begrudgingly, try to get to work, just not any time soon. I don't' mess with snow and I SURE as hell don't mess with ice!! AND apparently a lot of my managers are not even trying to get in so we'll just see. I am just glad that we aren't getting pummelled like the rest of the interior north east. If there were two feet of snow outside I think I might cry. It really is a desperate feeling if you've never experienced it. It's fun for the first day or two but then you start to feel like you'll never be able to go anywhere again until spring comes and melts it all away!

Okay well I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. Don't forget to watch the best show on television tonight...you shouldn't need a reminder, but just in case you do, LOST!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    Well I for one am hpoing that you get to spend the whole day at home. Enjoy the time in your pjs!

     
  • At 12:34 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Calvin said…

    still getting pelted here.. snow and sleet!

    could you send me your email address? searched all over, couldn't find one, and didn't wanna send you an e-card at your website email! (yeahbaby@gmail.com)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Up to my pits in snow here!
    SNOW DAY too..yippee! A jammy day at home!

    Happy Valentine's Day :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home