The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, December 22, 2006

Rude and RUDE!

Okay, so it's that time of year. You know, when all of the corporate gifts come barreling in. The tins of popcorn, the towers of cookies, summer sausage and cheese, the bottles of booze, the occasional umbrella or other obscure object with another company's logo on it, whatever.

So, yesterday, I get a very large box delivered to me. I quizzically asked the mail dude, "for me?" And he said, "Yup! For you!" How exciting!! Who would send me something? Well, the answer is, NO ONE! I opened the box and inside were 4 gift wrapped boxes with cards on them. As I pulled one after the other out of the box I realized that none of them had my name on it! I had to take the delivery walk of shame and hand out these damn boxes to my other co-workers. How fucking rude is that? Some cheap bastard, instead of sending these packages directly to who they were for, put them all in one box and addressed it to ME so that I could hand deliver each one to the proper recipient! I was pissed.

Well, later in the day my boss called me down to his office to give me a little holiday cheer. You all are so gross...I didn't mean it that way. Anyway, he gave me a bottle of Vodka and a Starbucks gift card. God I love my boss! So, I told him about the gifts that arrived and he thought it was pretty shitty then wondered why he didn't get anything from this company. I just shrugged. Who cares. At least I wasn't the only one!

Well, a few hours pass and wouldn't you know it...another big box arrives. Okay, maybe this time they will redeem themselves and there will be something in there for me! Well guess what? There's not! Another box filled with gifts for other people. Now I'm double pissed. I am almost tempted to send an email to the people that sent it telling them how absolutely rude and obnoxious this is! I mean. Am I wrong here? Do you all think this is a little messed up too? I would never do something so degrading to another human being! UUGGHH, fucking holidays....

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home