The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I am SO glad the holidays are over. My disdain for Christmas has grown and the fact that it's over for another 11 months is a welcome feeling. Just thinking of next year gives me hives.

Our NYE was pretty lame. I'm not necessarily complaining because it was the first New Year's Eve spent with my new husband and that aspect was very nice but it was definitely a change from how we've spent it in the last 9 years. Hubby ended up having to work on Saturday and Monday so any plans to leave town were out. Actually, any plans to do anything remotely high maintenance was out. We were home and in bed by about 1:30am and I was stone cold sober. It's probably a good thing...

I am fat, fat, fat and I feel horrible about it. I am really just tired of eating. The holidays kicked my butt this year. Actually I think it may be the combination of being newly married and the holidays. I feel like all we've done is eat since our honeymoon in September. I could seriously stand to lose about 60 lb's and I'm going to try to! I know it's the typical "new year" thing. The whole, I'm gonna make a resolution to lose weight and go to the gym...whatever. I'm going to lose weight and exercise because I am hideous! I am just feeling really bad about myself right now and I have to do something, so that's the plan.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and NYE. I haven't had anything to say or any inclination to blog so I haven't. I haven't even felt like turning on the computer lately. I checked my yahoo email account the other day and had 180 junk mail and 140 regular emails. It was very intimidating! I hope to get back into it and catch up on all of you this week

8 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger Sassy said…

    Happy New Year!!

    Glad you are back!
    I know it's kind of cliche to say I'm going to loose weight too...but I could stand to loose some and damn it I'm with ya on trying to!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    It does sound like your night was better than mine!

    I hear you on the not wanting to turn on the computer.... I havent been answering emails for the last few weeks. We suck.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger Chick said…

    The holidays give me hives too...I'm glad I'm not alone in this...I like them for about a day...but this 2 month bonanza of bombardment makes me ill.

    I know what you mean about the...it's been hard to write anything lately...thing...I find myself lamely writing anything...boo for me!

    Hey, I gained weight during the holidays too...didn't go to the gym & ate way too much chocolate...ugh. If it helps to motivate you at all...I went back to the gym today for the 1st time in awhile...so get your ass in there too...if you do...I will tomorrow...want to be my motivation? I need someone to MAKE me go!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm right there with ya on that weight loss business. It blows but it needs to be done. Blarrrg. I loved eating pie while I had the chance.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger (S)wine said…

    hey, nice to have found you again.
    (formerly Robotnik)

     
  • At 9:35 AM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I'm with you. I've gained weight recently too and I feel icky. I just need to start a routine. If I can make exercise part of my daily regemine I'll feel better. It's just getting started....

     
  • At 5:48 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger peachy said…

    Are you going to hate me if I say I have no idea whether I've gained weight or not? I don't own a scale.

    I missed you, and I almost emailed you, but now I'm glad I didn't. I had a party for NYE and it was a lot of fun.

    Happy New Year to you.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Calvin said…

    happy new year.. hope things turn out awesome this year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home