The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Well...I finally did it! I defeated the Social Security office and I changed my name!

I decided last night that I would just get up early this morning and head to the SS office and deal with it. Even if it meant another 2 hour wait. I figured since it was the holidays and people are shopping and doing their own thing this might be my chance. AND, it was. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes. I even got to read some of my book and got to work before anyone noticed I was late! So, it's official, there's no turning back. Now I get to change my name at work, on my credit cards, my bank account, my license, my passport and every other freakin document and item that I own. Not looking forward to all of that!

We finally got all of our Christmas shopping done thanks to Mr. Funky having a few days off work. He got all the last minute things done and I wrapped them all and now we have nothing left to buy and $0 to our names. YAYYY! Christmas spirit!

The hubby and I have the pleasure and the pain of having almost all of our family close by. I searched and prayed for an orphan but it didn't work out. Oh well...So, we'll be spending from Saturday night until Monday night driving all over the Washington D.C. - Maryland - Virginia area. I am dreading it as usual. For some reason Hubby's fam decided they were going to have a party on Saturday night to celebrate the family's December birthdays. WHAT THE FUCK? It's almost comical really, I mean, no one has anything else to do in these next few days, let's throw in a lame ass birthday party for the people that have december birthdays. What about Jesus? His birthday is in December and that I plan to celebrate that one. I mean, if the birthday's were that important and not a complete afterthought wouldn't they have planned to celebrate them hmmm...maybe before the day before Christmas Eve? Okay, I'm rambling and bitching now...

If I don't have anything interesting to post before hand, and chances are I won't, I hope that each and every one of you and your families have a blessed and wonderful Christmas spent doing what you love with the people you love. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Awww, I hope y'all manage to salvage some fun out of the whole holiday fiasco. Hit the eggnog...that's my recommendation. And about the birthdays, I hope you didn't have to buy additional presents for all of 'em!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    where did my comment go? dammit

    too lazy to type...
    hope yall have a great holiday, find some time to relax!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, December 22, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Merry Christmas, Mrs. Funky. That's great that you beat the SS system. Good call!

     
  • At 9:36 AM, December 24, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    I hope you survive your holiday visiting trek and the birthday party too!

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas filled with good food, good friends and many sweet memories!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home