The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Weekend

So, I had a fabulous weekend. On Friday The Sweet One, otherwise known as Mr. Funky, told me that he had planned a fun day for us on Saturday. He didn't tell me where we were going. He just told me to dress warm and wear comfortable shoes...

I truly have the best husband ever! He went on line, he did research, and he planned everything to the tee! We got up at about 8am and dressed "warmly and comfortably" and headed out. Mr. Funky packed the car and the cooler up and we hit the road. After about an hour and a half we arrived at our destination. He took me to the Shenandoah area of Virginia, also known as Skyline Drive. We stopped at the visitor center and got a more detailed map, had some mimosas and Entenmann's Raspberry Danish (YUM) that hubby packed for us. Then, we made our way to the different overlooks that hubby had mapped out to be the best ones. We checked out the beautiful colors of the changing leaves and the amazing scenery. THIS, my friends, is something I am pleased to say our tax dollars go towards. Visit any national park and you will feel good about paying taxes...

A couple of hours later Hubby got out the gourmet cheeses and sausages and crackers that he prepared and packed up for us. We had a little snack then headed on a 4.5 mile hike to some water falls. The hike down to the falls was surprisingly difficult. It's kind of amazing how hard it is to walk down hill on rocks and leaves but it was. It was kind of cold but we definitely kept warm with our many layers. We got to the falls after about an hour and it was beautiful. We relaxed on the rocks for a while then decided to head back up the trail. As difficult as we thought hiking down hill was, the way up was a million times harder. My calves will attest to it today! It was steeper than we remembered and we really booked up the hill. We were sweating and out of breath by the time we got back to the car. It was an exhilarating hike and a wonderful day.

Once we left the hiking trails we headed into one of the small towns and had a great meal at a local Pub/restaurant. It was a wonderful day and I am so grateful to have such a spontaneous, fun hubby!

Here are some pic's of our day:


www.flickr.com






On Sunday I went to the Washington Redskins vs Dallas Cowboys game. I know that many of you are not into the whole football thing but as you may remember I AM! I am a huge Redskins fan and I try not to talk about it on this blog because I know it bores the hell out of most people. All I want to say is that yesterday's win feels really good. I won't talk smack and I won't rub it in. I just hope the Cowboys and T.O. had a really fun ride home...he he he...OH and I have to share this. Someone in the parking lot was selling a shirt that said "The Cowboys Suck and T.O. Swallows...PILLS". If you know anything about this sport, this rivalry and the T.O. situation you can appreciate the humor in this. If not, then sorry for boring you again.

Okay, that's all for me. I hope you all had as good of a weekend as I did!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    omg he is the best hubby ever!!!

    yall are too cute.

    it makes me happy when the Cowboys lose because Im from Dallas and hate football... is that so wrong?

    the pics were lovely dear, Im totally jealous

     
  • At 2:29 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    What a fabulous surprise! That was a very sweet thing for Mr. Funky to do. Good on him!

    I'm not the biggest football fan there is but I got your reference! I CAN watch football on t.v. but I enjoy it much more LIVE.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    That's awesome! How amazing of your husband to do that!
    Looks beautiful and fun!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Ed took me to stay at one of the cabins on Skyline drive for my first birthday with him. It was really nice, and really romantic. I'm glad Mr. Funky took you there. He rules.

    Three cheers for the Redskins. My brother was at the game. They didn't play it on tv here, but I saw the highlights. Great job.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    i'd heard about the Skyline Drive, and now i believe that it really as beautiful!

    what a great game.. the ending was a real nailbiter whaddya think?!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Wow, what a fun trip! You lucky girl!

    And I hate the Cowboys. Dallas is beginning to turn on them as a whole, I think. lol

     
  • At 3:42 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger wopanese said…

    BAH!

    Well, I guess you could call it a wedding gift from the Cowboys, the way they gave the Redskins the win...

    Damn. I hate T.O.. TO = Totally Overrated

    But, I gotta say... your man does it up right. Of course, his actions alone are raising the bar for the rest of us, damn him. ;)

     
  • At 3:42 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger wopanese said…

    BAH!

    Well, I guess you could call it a wedding gift from the Cowboys, the way they gave the Redskins the win...

    Damn. I hate T.O.. TO = Totally Overrated

    But, I gotta say... your man does it up right. Of course, his actions alone are raising the bar for the rest of us, damn him. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home