The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

So, we had some really good trick or treaters the other night. Some had great costumes on. I LOVE the little super hero's with the built in muscles. Those got me every time. As a matter of fact, looks like one of our bloggie's kids had a similar costume.

We had some princesses, some scary masked kids, the cutest little bumble bee EVER, a soccer player, one of the ladies from Deal or no Deal, and my favorite, the group of about 5 little girls who sang "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't, we don't care, we'll pull down your underwear". I'm not kidding. And their parents just looked on and smiled/laughed. The girls were pretty young. I would say that the oldest was about 8. Now, I am not easily offended. I can't say I was offended by this really either. I mean, at their age I'm sure I was singing the same song. For goodness sakes we made up a new "diarrhea" song every time I was in the car with my brothers, BUT, if I were a parent I would have been a little embarrassed. I mean, I'll give your kids candy, the good stuff too, but please tell them not to tell me that they'll pull down my underpants. That is kind of scary!

Anyway, the night ended fine. We had some candy left over and no one toilet papered or egged out house so we're all good.

NOW, onto LOST. Did anyone watch last night? Well, if you did then you know that A) There are two new characters - apparent castaways that we are just now meeting. They are annoying and I hate them. I hope they get eaten by something on the island. And B) That Eko, my dear, dear Eko was killed off. I am so saddened by this. He was my favorite character on the show. I even told Mr. Funky at the beginning of the season that if he dies I'm not watching the show anymore. Well, the combination of A & B above really make me not want to watch, BUT the preview for next week pulls me right back in. That and the fact that Eko was on Regis and Kelly this morning and said that he knew right from the beginning that he would be killed off and that he is currently working on a screen play that would not give him ample time for television anyway. SO, if he's okay with it then I guess I will be too. It was a really great episode!

Anyway, that's all I got. Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I work for a large company and everybody brings their kids up - there were so many in cute costumes!!! I told my coworker she had to get prregnant so I could dress her kid up next year.

    I love those spiderman costumes that are bulked up - one little kid got on the elevator in his and said "Hey dad look, i have boobs!" Priceless

     
  • At 3:02 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Thanks for the link!

    I was sad Eko was killed too! I thought he was one of the most interesting and tortured characters on that show! Is he good? Is he bad? Somewhere in between? What's with that black cloud thingy? It'll mess a brotha up!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, November 04, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    What creative little kids! hehe
    The kids around here sing:
    Trick or Treat
    Smell my feet
    Give me something good to eat
    Not to big
    Not to small
    Just the size of Montreal.

    I like the underwear one better personally!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    I don't think I knew about the underwear component to that song until I was in middle school. My mom only sang to the "smell my feet" part. lol

     
  • At 10:57 AM, November 06, 2006, Blogger wopanese said…

    Crap. Now why did I write a comment? Now I know what happened on LOST - I'm usually 2 weeks behind.

    GAH!

    Oh well, I am fortunate/unfortunate to live on a street that kids just won't come to - it's a semi-major thoroughfare... so no treating, and no cute kids, but - hey, no tricks either. Call it a mixed blessing.

    For Halloween, I resurrected my "Just Risen Jesus" costume and it went over well enough - of course, I'm sure I have a spot reserved on "the Hell Express" for it. Oh well, anything for a laugh.

    Hope all is well - and I have actually posted something new... well, sorta - I'm moving from my semidefunct band's myspace back to here. We'll see how it goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home