The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I am so lame. I haven't done anything. I haven't seen any of my friends, I haven't seen any family, I haven't seen any squirrels in my front yard for that matter. I have nothing to talk about. I have nothing to report...

Mr. Funky and I have been cleaning the house up and getting it ready for the Halloween Party this weekend. I was up until 2am working on the desk and clearing out the back guest room. And that my friends is the extent of the "action" in my life.

The desk is fucking torturous at this point. I decided that whatever blue paint I didn't get off the desk is just being sanded and painted over. I hope it works because I can not spend another minute on the thing. When I came up from the basement last night I looked like a smurf that had just crawled out of a coal mine. I was covered in blue dust. The water pouring off of me in the shower even ran blue for a few minutes. I can't imagine what my lungs look like. It was not cute!

For the past few days I have gone to work, come home, made dinner, cleaned, gone to bed...repeat. I did however make THE BEST steak I've ever made last night and I know it's all thanks to the marinade I used. In case you're interested:

Steak Marinade:
1 c. Scotch whiskey
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
(4 New York strip sirloin steaks) - we used two large filets

In a container large enough to hold the steaks, combine all ingredients for
marinade. Place steaks in marinade and leave in refrigerator overnight.
Remove steaks from marinade and broil as desired.

I marinated the steaks over night, in the morning I turned them over and
let them marinate all day while at work. I removed them from the marinate
and broiled them for 10 min's on one side then 6 on the other (they were
pretty thick)


We also had whipped sweet potatoes, a baby arugala salad and sauteed mushrooms and onions. I have to admit making dinner every night is kind of fun. I thought I would be over it and hate it but I actually really love cooking for me and Mr. Funky every night. Anyway, here's a couple of pic's I took for one of my friend's food blogs.



I hope everyone else's lives are more interesting than mine because clearly mine sucks!

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home