The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm addicted to crime shows. Not CSI type shows. I mean like Forensic Files, The New Detectives, FBI Files, those types of shows. You know, with the pathetic reenactment of real life crimes, generally grizzly murders and how they're solved? (I actually have a friend that played a corpse in one of these reenactment years ago - she was GREAT at it, a natural even)

Anyway, I don't know what it is about these shows but when they're on, I can't stop watching them. I'm usually alone when I watch them because Mr. Funky hates these shows. They also scare me to death. Every time the shows are over I swear I am going to end up being murdered by a home intruder that's been stalking me or when I'm working the late shift at the gas station in rural Tennessee. Or, or, or by being poisoned by my doctor husband that no one suspects because we have a perfect, loving marriage. No one is stalking me, that I know of, I don't live in Tennessee and my hubby's not a doctor, but still...

I also love how they always find the perp (you like my use of detective lingo don't you?). But it's the meticulous WAY they catch them that I love. A piece of fiber from the trunk of a 1987 Oldsmobile found in an abandoned barn. A shell casing from an 1850 Smith and Wesson lodged in the floorboard of Mrs. Johnsons house...blah blah blah. You know what I mean. It makes me want to be a forensic investigator. I would be great at it. Mr. Funky always tells me how anal I am (and NO I don't mean THAT kind of anal you sicko's). The only thing that might hinder my success in this field is that blood makes me nauseous, I don't know if I could look at dead bodies that may or may not be mutilated in some way, and ummm, yeah, never mind. I'll stick to my desk job!

by the way...did you know that these types of shows are watched more frequently by females in the 25 - 48 year old age range then men of any age...? Just a bit of trivia for you. Carry on designers.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I like those sort of shows too but I don't get to watch them much with the kids around. Too much "yucky" stuff. I do make an exception for "Criminal Minds" though. It's a great show! It's on against Lost though. I set the DVR to record both. Just so I don't miss either.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, October 15, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I used to watch FBI files like it was my job. I stopped watching it though. My new favorite is The First 48 on A&E, Thursdays at 9pm.

    Interesting statistic.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Count me in. I'm one of those gals who watches these shows...I like "The First 48" among others....

     
  • At 11:57 AM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Steven said…

    ALL women love that sht.

    They can't watch a completely idiotic and fake ghost movie, or kill a spider, but real life death and destruction...oh ya, they are all over it. ;)

    Steve~

     
  • At 1:39 PM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Chick said…

    Thanks for the trivia...I love to have these sort of facts floating around my brain (most woman in the 25 - 48 year old age range do too...right?).

     
  • At 4:59 PM, October 16, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    You have to read Mind Hunter by John Douglas. He was the profiler on FBI files for a while there. Excellent book. Oh, I laughed at Carry on Designers too. Can't wait for the finale.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Oh I like the First 48 too but I can't watch that one b/c it makes me too sad. And no, I can not kill a spider but I can see a guy with his brains shot out at close range just so I can see how the killer was caught...it is weird!

    Peachy, I'm gonna check that out. Sounds like a cool book. One more day until the finale. Who do you want to win? I think I want Michael or Uli.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I'll email you my thoughts. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home