The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, October 09, 2006

Not much going on with me this weekend.

Friday night we went out to dinner and drinks with our friend and the 22 year old he is currently dating (he's 34)...yeah, that was a little awkward. You don't always think so but no matter what the situation a 22 year old and a 30 year old (or older) have a LOT of differences. I mean let's put it in context here. When I was in college we had just been introduced to email. No one had it and it was not an appropriate way to communicate with one another. This girl, who is in law school I think, knows no world without the internet, email, YouTube...That alone is HUGE!

Anyway, something funny did happen at dinner. When she sat down we were already there and I had a martini in front of me. When the waiter came she asked for whatever I was drinking. Well, most of us know a martini is best when drank icy cold. Well, most of the way through dinner I look over and her glass is still full and most likely luke warm at this point so I asked her, what's wrong? You don't like martini's? I wasn't trying to call her out but I was trying to lighten her up and be like, YO, if you're not going to drink that $10 drink, I will ;O) I'm going to bet she's never had a Kettle One Martini, up, slightly dirty with 3 olives...but that's just me! I give this "relationship" about 2.5 more weeks.

Saturday we saw The Departed. I LOVED it. I've never been a HUGE Leonardo DiCaprio fan but now, I'm hooked. I love him. And I highly recommend the movie. Leo was great, Matt Damon was great, Martin Sheen was great, Alec Baldwin was great, Mark Whalberg was great and Jack Nicholson was awesome! The only crappy thing was that the theater was PACKED and we had to sit in the front row. I am not kidding, I have never sat in the front row in my life, not even as a kid. That was annoying but the movie was still really good!

We wasted the beautiful day yesterday by watching football all day. Oh well...it happens I guess. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I bet you could see up Leo's nose from the front row.

    I don't have issue with age differences (there is 5 five years between me and CCB) but sometimes when the gap is huge you have to wonder why they are together.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO - me and Mr. Funky are 5 years apart too but we never have any age difference issues. I think once you start getting past 9/10 years you have problems - well, when you're young anyway. Once you get older it doesn't matter and by that I mean out of your 20's (30's/40's/50's)

     
  • At 5:34 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Sorry 'bout the Skins. I fell asleep for most of that game.

    HA!!HA!! about the girl's martini. Pick your own drink, chicky. hee hee.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Chick said…

    I want to see that movie just to hear the Boston accents...I'm sure it was wicked good.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    yeah that is a big age difference, and it does matter when you are that young. ewwww.

    ok not so ewww- last year i had a thing with a 21 yo, but at least i didnt try to call it a 'relationship'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home