The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

So who knew getting back into the swing of things was going to be this difficult? I am just climbing out of the hole. Work has been very busy and I guess life has been too. I came back to work on my 30th Birthday. That was a real treat. The big day came and went without much of a second thought. Not exactly how I thought I'd celebrate my biggest birthday to date but there have been some other major milestones in my life this year so I guess I can't complain. Well, maybe I can. To be honest my birthday wasn't even a big deal. I was a little sad about it but I'm working through it...he he

As I'm sure I conveyed before we left for the honeymoon, the wedding was amazing. Everything went perfectly. The church was beautiful, the weather that day/night were absolutely perfect and we were able to have most of the reception on the outside portico of the venue. The music was perfect and we danced almost all night. We hear that the food was amazing but as most brides know, even when you try, you never eat anything. There was drama with a few couples (girls crying, slapping of boyfriends, throwing of cell phones, etc) which I think is so lame. Can't you get your pathetic relationship under control for one night? Or at least conceal yourselves in another location to fight? At one point one of Mr. Funky's friends asked me to CONSOLE ONE OF THE CRYERS! I thought, he must be insane. I looked at him square in the face and said, "Ummm, NO". It was my wedding day. No dumb whore was gonna ruin it! BUT, that was minor and so just a blip on the radar.

Mr. Funky and I were picked up after the reception and driven around the monuments in Down Town D.C. while sipping on some, probably gratuitous at this point, champagne. We arrived back at the hotel for the after party to find almost all of the wedding ready to rock at the hotel! All the alcohol was brought back and the party continued until...? Who knows. My dad told me that he went to bed around 6am and people were still hanging out partying. It was a success. We have been told by numerous friends at this point that our wedding was "legendary" and "the best party they've ever been to". This makes me proud. I pride myself on my party planning skillz and this one takes the cake! I am just so pleased with the whole thing. The only complaint is that it went by way too fast. We kind of want to do it all over again.

Now it's getting used to living together, which I don't think is too difficult, not yet anyway. We seem to be right in the swing of things. My only concern is making sure that my husband is comfortable in what used to be my house and is now OUR house. It's weird when someone moves in and you just want them to feel at home. I think things are well on their way. It's fun acting all domestic. In all honesty I've only made us dinner at home twice since we've been back from the honeymoon but I guess we can look forward to a life time of home cooked meals together from this point on. And I do enjoy cooking so it's kind of fun.

That's all for now, Oh and Please don't ask me when we're having kids...it's getting old already! People are SO weird.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    awwww - the wedding sounds fantastic.

    you domestic goddess!!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I just knew your wedding would be fantastic! I'm glad everything went off without a hitch. AS for the lame "fighting couples" I'm glad you blocked them out and enjoyed yourself. (Some people just thrive on the drama I guess.)

    As for the kids thing....I'm from the opposit camp. Enjoy being married for a while. After you have kids the whole dynamic changes. It's a good change but you need time to be newlyweds, and can be newlyweds as long as you like in my book!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Sounds like you had quite the wedding! Something you will never forget..and thats just what it should be!

    Enjoy being the domestic goddess!
    What's for dinner tonight?!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Don't forget martinis every day after work. I remember you posted that that was the plan. Don't forget!

    I'm so happy for you, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, October 06, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Cold Hands - I am the domestic goddess! he he

    Polly - Long time no...see? Glad you're back and I'm happy to hear about you and your boy. Sounds like you all are having fun. The funny thing is most guys are such girls, they just need their women to bring it out of them! My boy loves all of my trashy magazines and hearing all of my friends gossip - I love it!

    OGO - thanks for the kids advice. Some people just need something to focus on, like "when are you having kids". We've considered telling them that we have some sort of awful condition that won't let us have children so they feel dumb but we don't want to jinx ourselves ;O)

    Sassy - tonight's Friday so I'm not cooking ;O) But this week I used the electric skillet we got for the first time and made pork chops with mushrooms and onions, rice and asparagus. Tuesday we had salad, lemon pepper salmon and lima bean puree (sounds gross but it's SO GOOD! - tastes like mashed potatoes). YUM, I love food...

    Peachy - I haven't forgotten! I have actually thought about it a lot. Mr. Funky has a shitty commute now that he lives with me and I have a feeling he's gonna need the martini when he gets home! ha ha. and thanks for the b-day wish :O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home