The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, October 06, 2006

Yes, I know we're stepping right on into 1995 but, we got TiVo for a wedding gift!!!! HOLY FREAKIN CRAP! WE GOT TIVO! Okay, so I put TiVo on our wedding registry at Target just because, well...why not. I mean, they say to put things on there that you may or may not buy for yourself and if people buy them for you then bonus but if not then who cares you can decide if you want to buy it yourself.

So my parents told me that my Uncle and Aunt who live in bumble fuck Virginia left a gift for me at the house. I was hesitant in picking it up because to be honest I was expecting a set of Nascar dinner plates or something of that magnitude. Well, to my utmost surprise when I started tearing the wrapping paper off I thought I was going to have an asthma attack! I could not believe it! It's so out of character for these people you have NO idea. They may not even know what this TiVo thing is to be honest!

I have to admit, I like my television. I am not into every single show out there but there are a few that I am obsessed with (and some that I won't admit to watching) and yes, I set the vcr on a regular basis to catch my shows (the one at home and at work - gotta have a back up). This is so great! We got an 80 hour TiVo and I don't know if we should upgrade to a 180 hour - does anyone have TiVo and know the answer to this? I can't wait to set it up and get started. Now I'll never be sad about forgetting to set the vcr because my little TiVo will remember for me HOORAY for modern technology!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Good for Tivo; cut those ads out!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Here is where you will truly see how lame I am...explain to me what Tivo is?
    Maybe we have something similar to that here..or I'm just a big loser.

    I'm betting on the second one.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Chick said…

    Sure beats the NASCAR plates...that's for sure.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Can you use it without having direct tv? I want to get it, but I'm so clueless, and I feel like the people at the store are always trying to swindle me because I might as well live with your aunt and uncle. I'm excited for you. Let me know how it goes.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, October 08, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    For the Sass-onator - TiVo is also known by some cable companies as a DVR (digital video recorder). Basically it's like a vcr without a tape. It tapes things for you and if you tell it that you like a certain type of show it will find others in that same genre to tape for you thinking that you may like that as well. It will also tape your favorite show for as long as it's on - so all season without you having to tell it each week to record it again. It's brilliant. And I can't wait for Mr. Funky to get off his ass, or in this case, on his ass and hook it up so I can start playing with it. Yayy

    Peachy - You don't have to have direct tv to have TiVo. It will work with any cable system but you don't have to have any one in particular. Currently we just have basic cable b/c when all of my old roomies moved out I was poor so I got rid of everything. Now that I live with a man that is coming from a house where he had 4 televisions in his living room I am assuming we'll be making some type of upgrade...? This is no longer my territory. I'll let you know how it goes.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    WHAT? Canada doesn't have TiVo???? anything like it? wow, I am at a loss...I don't understand...how?

     
  • At 9:09 AM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Is TiVo the same as DVR? We got DVR when we got cable in our new house. I don't know what we ever did without it! Pausing a show we are watching or replaying to catch dialogue..It's just beautiful..*sniff*

     
  • At 2:15 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Osbasso said…

    Can't help out on the TiVo question. My VCR died about 2 years ago, and it was sort of a blessing for me!

    My real reason for stopping by is that I just noticed I haven't been here in all of September, so I missed the wedding. CONGRATS!!! I'm so sorry about that! It's made for some great reading though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home