The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, August 21, 2006

Last week FLEW by. It took me almost all week to recover from the bachelorette party weekend. I am still getting the pieces put together with stories from my girls. It's quite humorous really - I am never getting that drunk again, seriously! Other than that The Sweet One and I had a VERY productive wedding preparation week. We did nothing but wedding stuff all week and we got lots done. Yayy us! We got our blood tests done (YUCK, I hate needles). Did you know that when you marry in the District of Columbia you must first get a syphilis test? Well, now you know! It's a very old school law so whatever, we must comply. So as soon as we make sure we're disease free we go get our marriage license.

We met with the caterer, the director of the venue where our reception will be, I got my makeup done by the new and improved makeup artist, TSO went to apply for our day-of liquor license, we talked to a wholesaler about purchasing lots and lots of liquor, we bought all the groomsmen their shirts, blah biddy blah, blah, blah! We are down to 3 whole weeks. YIKES. I can't imagine what Corinna must feel right now but it will be me soon enough I presume!

I met with my day of wedding coordinator on Friday at a Starbucks. It was pretty warm out so I decided I would buy a lovely iced tea. Now, I don't know about you all but I REFUSE to order my drinks at Starbucks using their made up, lame ass sizes. To be quite honest, I don't even know the size names unless I look at the menu and I never do that. SO, I proceed to order my iced tea:

Perky Starbucks Chicky: Can I get a drink started for you?
Me: I'm just getting an iced tea
PSC: I can get it for you
Me: Okay, I'll have a regular iced tea
PSC: (Eyes bulging) - ummm, you mean...?
Me: A small iced tea
PSC: Uhhhmmm
Me: You know, SMALL, or whatever you call your silly sizes

It was THE funniest thing. She was completely baffled. It was like I punched her in the gut and stole her baby. You would think they were used to people like me that refuse. Oh well. My resolve will not be broken. I WILL NOT BREAK!

Today, meeting with the organist (I know you're jealous) and my last wedding dress fitting. Hollaaaahh!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    You're quite the busy bee (bad pun, I know...it's all I got today). Glad to hear y'all had such a productive week and you're feelin' good about everything.

    As for drinking. I'm never drinking again. Ever. Until tomorrow night anyway.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    I am so proud of you for refusing to use their made up sizes. Just for her stupidity you should have punched her in the stomach and stolen her baby. She totally deserved it.

    3 weeks away? Hmmmmmm, I seem to have not gotten my invitation.....it must be lost in the mail :) I kidddddddd....

     
  • At 6:08 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    So you can't get married if you have syphillis? That's a weird law.

    I hate the Starbucks sizes too. How can grande be a small? Or tall or whatever it is. Grr..

    I can't believe it's almost time. I'm super excited. You're going to look fab-o.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger aughra said…

    That's awesome. I hate their stupid sizes, too.

     
  • At 10:58 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    What's that about? Yo I gotta give you the heads up babe...That sore on my hooha it wasn't a terrible zipper accident. It's it's syphillis! You still wanna get married?

     
  • At 11:46 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    getting closer to the big day! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home