The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

How on God's green earth is it only 3:20pm?

This day is from hell and has to be the longest day EVER!

Had a wedding "hiccup" if you will, last night/today. At about 11pm last night I got an email from my hairdresser. The one who plans to come to the hotel the day of my wedding to do my hair along with 6 of my other bridesmaids and a little something to both my mothers. In his email he explained that he planned to charge each girl $150 to get their hair put up. Onehundredandfiftydollars A PIECE to put their hair up! He's not including highlights and a happy ending with that. JUST a hair do. No washing, no "blowing", NADA! I almost had a seizure right there! I was in a panic. There is no way that any of my bridesmaids can afford, nor would I ask them, to pay $150 for a hair do. I mean, some of them don't pay that to get a color and cut. Of course no one was awake for me to talk to. The Sweet One is in New York City gallivanting with his friends and he wasn't answering his cell phone because he was in a bar with no reception. I literally wanted to cry.

Long story short, it's all good. We've come to an agreement and we've worked it all out. Other than not sleeping much last night I am done stressing about it. Everything will work out and really, if this is the worst thing that has (is going to hopefully) happen, then so be it.

Tonight I plan to drink myself into a stupor. I have a happy hour for a friend that is leaving the company then I'm meeting my former softball team out for more booze and pizza. I plan on consuming more of the liquids, less of the solids, if you know what I mean.

I really, really wanted to post pic's of my awesome makeup yesterday but I don't want to ruin it. Do you think it will if TSO sees it? I guess it would...Nice dialogue with myself huh? Don't get married ladies, it makes you lose your mind. Lucky for me I never had one so I'm in fine shape.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    You didn't say how you solved the problem of the hair do's. Did you get him to change the price? That's a lot of money he's asking for!

     
  • At 11:35 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger Chick said…

    Brides are nuts...it's just what happens. I was good til the day finally came & my parent's house was overrun with women & there was NOWHERE for me to go for any privacy for even a few seconds...I just broke down & cried...yeah...THEN the fun started ; )

    It all worked out in the end...& yours will too.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, August 25, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    OGO - he must have come to his senses. We got the price lowered but I was considering looking for a new hairdresser (as if someone could do it this late) and just me getting my hair done, etc, etc. It's all fine. Maybe he was having a bridal moment, I don't know?

    Chick - I am truly looking forward to the big day. I haven't had any real break down's yet and I pray that I don't the day of...I'll let you all know. It will be wonderful, I have no doubt about that!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, August 25, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    Prices for anything wedding are so ridiculous. I would've told the girls to put up their own hair and do the best you can FOR FREE.

    He should give you a discount considering everyone is getting their hair done. He can't be that great. Sorry. I'm sure your hair will look spectacular.

    Have a great weekend!!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    $150.00

    That's highway robbery.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home