The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day

Well, there is something to be said for watching the fire works along the Potomac River in our nation's capitol. This 4th of July was another great one. Of course, since the weather here is now that of an action movie we couldn't go through the day unscathed. We had one of our now famous thunder storms. And by thunder storms I mean tornado-like downpours, green skies, 90 mile per hour winds, flooding, downed tree limbs and power lines, all within MINUTES! I'm not kidding. Luckily we got to our spot right around the time all of this action started so we sat in our cars and waited it out.

After the rain subsided it was a glorious evening. The temperatures dropped, there was a cool breeze and the clouds disappeared. We had lots of yummy food, great company and tons of fun.

One thing that I could do without in DC is the "children" that live in the hood setting off fire crackers/works for the remainder of the evening and into the early morning. For some reason independence DAY means a week's worth of fire works to the little fuckers. Try sleeping, or better yet, avoiding a heart attack with M-80 type explosives going off outside your door...I woke up at 6am on Tuesday to firecrackers popping across the street - not fun! I smartened up last night and drove back to my suburban abode so that I could get some sleep. The drive home was nothing short of an adventure. It was like a war zone. I was driving through a cloud of smoke from all of the fire works. It was a mess.

I am just getting my voice back. Apparently the "cold/flu" I had last week wasn't really ready to leave so quickly. I have been talking like a frog since last Friday and I have been coughing like crazy. I'm probably dying...oh well.

Today is my only day in the office this week. I have a ton of work to get done then the Sweet One and I are heading to North Carolina butt ass early tomorrow morning for his brothers wedding, which he is the best man in. It should be a good time but I foresee no opportunity for me to get any better since I will probably be drinking non stop for the next five days. I haven't been to the gym in almost as long and I don't see myself getting any exercise while we're away. I am destined to be a fat ass...oh well, at least I'll be happy!

I hope that everyone had an amazing 4th of July with family and friends! If I can't update the rest of the week, enjoy your weekend! What a nice short week!!!

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home