The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, June 26, 2006

This weekend was great. It felt long, in a good way, and I can't remember EVER feeling like a regular old weekend felt long.

Friday night The Sweet One and I made dinner at home and did a lot of nuttin.

Saturday was the dreaded shower and believe it or not...it was SO NICE! Even the white trash family was great and gained my weak ass sympathy. I thought as i left (full of mimosas and white wine) they're really not that bad, they'll probably have a great time at the wedding. I'm sure I'll live to regret my empathy for said white trash. My step mother and my cousin hooked it UP. The decorations were beautiful, the "games" weren't stupid and lame, the food and drinks were out of this world, and I got some GREAT gifts. I couldn't have asked for a better shower.

There were a couple of funny things that were so indicative of the white trash that were in attendance. There was a small book put together where everyone included a small note to "the bride to be"...or ME...one of the notes said, and i paraphrasing because I don't have it in front of me: "As Jerri Hall once said, Be a Lady on the street, and a WHORE in the bedroom...and in the hallway, the kitchen, the living room..." YEAH! I was thanking the lord that I didn't decide to read those out loud...

The other was while I was opening my gifts. My step-mother's, step-mother (yeah, I know, whatever...) my step-grandmother...? Got me some really nice things off of my registry. Then, I noticed a lovely apron in the bag. I thought maybe she made it...well - she decided to let me know that there was a story that went along with it...OH NO...She said "One day, when your husband calls you and tells you that he's had a really bad day, greet him at the door with ONLY the apron on". Needless to say I was a LITTLE embarrassed. I mean, shit! It was FAMILY TIME right? Oh well...

On that note, I don't know what my deal is but I've been such a little horn dog lately. I don't know what's going on. The mere thought of TSO makes me ready to go. I have been all over him this weekend. I'm sure he's not complaining and if I went into details I would probably make some of you blush - some of you would probably just scoff at us (Steph) - but DAAAAAMN, I'm almost sore but uhhh...ready for more! Whooo...by the way...sex with your shoes on is a definite "yes" for men! Believe me, there will be NO complaining there. Isn't it funny how it's okay for females but creepy for men! uhhh, yeah. Anyway, enough from me. I had a great weekend. Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    Right on! Sounds like you had a great weekend..through and through! *wink wink*
    I can't say I've done shoes unless I've been somewhere public....

     
  • At 6:32 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    You know what I find so funny is that now that you will be married references to sex are OK when people talk to you. I have gotten more than an earful from people (family) I would have preferred not to. All because now I was part of the married club.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    ha - i bet yall put me to shame! Note to self, I will have to work on that....

    Glad the shower was good, I was a little worried for you. Are you counting the day to the wedding?

    Where are you registered?

     
  • At 7:02 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    nevermind, i found your registries (is that weird? to my credit you were registered that the 1st 2 places I checked. I'm really not stalking you.....really.)

     
  • At 12:07 AM, June 27, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Sassy - Shoes...and nothing else...HOT!

    OGO - I am cracking up! I don't know what it is but I am not, nor will I EVER be comfortable talking about sex with my family. It's creepy and gross. I would prefer to stick to the don't ask/don't tell policy and IF and when i get preggers it will be by imaculate conception, and I'm sticking to that story!

    Cold Hands - Maybe we put you to shame this weekend but you put us to shame on a regular basis so just this once isn't so bad...and I am not counting the days until the wedding - not in a bad way. I know it's gonna be a blast but I'm kind of getting nervous about all the things that still need to be done, etc. I have NEVER been the type of chick that dreamt of her wedding day all her life. I have to admit I never imagined it at all. Couldn't even picture it so it's still kind of weird! and DON'T YOU DARE buy me anything off my registry! Your gift to me was buying something from my web site. I'm not kidding!! Don't make me come after you...I know where you live - kind of ;O)

     
  • At 12:38 AM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Chick said…

    Totally depends on the shoes...plus, hats...oh yeah, hats are cool.

    But forget about it...boots...oh yeah...boots...now we're talking.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    well then. you know that I always directly defy orders, right? ;)

     
  • At 1:33 PM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Showers apparently bring out the horny in family members, too. There's nothing like grandmothers (or step-grandmothers) giving sex advice.

    Sounds like you don't need sex advice!!!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I'm glad the shower was fun. I'm creeped out by sex talk by my family, and I'm glad it hasn't happened. You're a better woman than I. :)

    What is your favorite gift so far?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home