The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, June 19, 2006

It was a very productive weekend! Sometimes not having The Sweet One around results in me getting my shit done. Saturday I got up early and dropped off all the old paint and other toxic crap that was left in my basement by the old owner (I've lived in my house for about 5 years now - yeah, I'm on top of things) at a collection station that was set up at a local middle school over the weekend. Then I went and picked up my dad's truck and the family dog and went to take a dining room table off a friend's hands and moved it into my house. I got cleaned up and went on a dress buying rampage. TSO's bro is getting married in North Carolina in about 3 weeks and I suddenly realized that I don't have shite to wear, at least nothing that I haven't been seen in and that's a huge no no. I bought 3 dresses for about $280. Not ideal. I hate spending money on shit that I need, but it was time I suppose and Lord and Taylor was having a massive sale. One of the dresses ended up being $45 with all of the discounts - can't beat that. I may return one. I have to try them on for TSO and we'll see...

After the shopping spree I went to the craft store to get sequence to decorate the flip flops I plan to give my bridesmaids at the rehearsal dinner. THEN I went to Nordstrom to talk to a Mac makeup artist about doing the makeup for my wedding. I think I found one I like. Now I need to know how much she charges...yuck! And I ran into my little sister who is interning at the N. I had a hand full of items that were on sale and she agreed to get them for me at 20% less than what they were. Got to love sisters, especially one's that work at Nordstrom!

Saturday night I went out with some friends in D.C. The bartender at the bar just so happened to be in LOVE with my friend Tracy and kept feeding us shots, beers, well...prettty much whatever we wanted - I think he told me to just sit down, shut up and drink at one point - and he didn't charge us a DIME. At the end of the night we TRIED to leave him $20 each but he got super pissed and gave us our money back. So, I know where I'll be drinking from now on, just have to try and convince Tracy to go out with this guys, at least once...You know, take one for the team. No one says she has to sleep with him!

Father's Day was fine. Spent it with my daddy. It was so fucking hot here I thought I was going to melt. We ate crabs outside, one of mine and my dad's favorite things to do, and I think everyone was a little relieved when the crabs ran out. We needed to get back inside into the air conditioning. We have become such wimps, I know, but I like me some A.C.

I went to the doctor this morning. He thinks my mom is crazy too. He KNOWS there is nothing wrong with me, including my weight, BUT, to please me and her, he took some blood. It hurt. I'm a freakin BABY when it comes to needles. Then, he told me, ahhh, you should have waited until September to do this because you'll need a blood test for your wedding and THIS ONE WON"T COUNT! I called my mom as soon as I left the office to let her know that she owes me $10 for my co-pay and possibly more for pain and suffering. Oh well, I'm planning to wear this band-aid and cotton ball on my arm ALL DAY as a badge of honor...he he

Okay, long enough post for ya? Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday. TSO is coming home this afternoon so I am a little giddy!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    sweet. im glad you scored some deals. I did some major damage in the shopping area last weekend.

    I still havent made it to pickup my stuff i bought from ya, but I will this week for sure!

    A word of warning, watch out for the MAC artists, dont let them make you look like a drag queen!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    It sounds like you were uber productive! I'm glad you get your honey home soon!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    I always find I get more done without the other half around...either that or I find some trouble I shouldnt be up to! The flip flops sound awesome!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    Wow, good deal on the $45 dress! I hate shopping, but I think I'm going to break down and go do some of it tomorrow. I'm teaching an English course at the university in the fall, and I'll have to be dressing up. Something other than jeans and a "nice shirt" I suppose. Ugg.

    Father's Day sounds like a fun affair at your house! Crabs are love!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home