The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, June 23, 2006

So tomorrow is the first of my two bridal showers...I'm kind of getting nervous. Does that sounds weird? I am just not good with having all of the attention on ME. I am usually the party planner. I am usually hosting parties to honor other people so this is going to be tough. I feel like I should be doing something. I hope I'll be able to relax and let people just take care of me. All I know is I'm going to start drinking when I get to the shower and they better keep em comin oh about every 15 minutes or so...I have to pace myself.

I have to have two showers because my families are just too big so we had to split it up into mom's side and dad's side. This weekend is my dad's family and my step mom's family. I am very close with my dad's fam. I shwuv them dearly. My step mom's family on the other hand...hmmm, how do I say this? THEY'RE WHITE TRASH in the most white trash kind of way! My step mom is literally the ONLY sane, normal, non-white trash one of the bunch. She is actually wonderful, an angel! I'll give you some of the examples of her family's white trashness:

Exhibit A - For about 10 years straight every 3 years or so we met a new aunt or uncle that my step mom's dad fathered through the years while he was still married to her mom (they're not anymore thank god)

Exhibit B - One of her sisters is in her 40's, is a GRANDMOTHER of 3 and just had her fifth child. She's a single mother. She's only been married once to her first child's father, I think when she was 16!

Exhibit C - They have all had/have dependencies to some type of drug/alcohol and have a bad habit of starting fights at their own family events - I'm talking blood, guts, police activity. Most recently one of her bro's started a fight at one of my parent's cookouts where he proceeded to throw slut sister (from Exhibit B) down on the concrete - you could hear her head hit the ground! - Needless to say he is no longer welcome in my families home and to be honest I wish there was some way I could not invite him and his white trash family to my wedding!!!

SO - you kind of get the point, huh? I don't even want these people to show up or give me gifts. I don't want anything to do with them. Uggh, family!

Now, this shower is not with my best girlfriends so the chances of us having to play lame games is significantly high! I am very sad about that and I pray that someone has some sense and put a stop to that. I'll let you all know.

Last night TSO and I met some friends out then came home during a ferocious thunder storm. I haven't seen a storm so vicious around here in a long time. It was so bad that parts of Rock Creek Parkway were closed due to flooding and it had only been raining for about 10 minutes. So, we got home, opened a bottle of wine and sat on the porch and watched the storm until about 3am. Mother nature is truly amazing, you should have seen the light show and heard the explosive thunder! I am EXHAUSTED today but it was an amazing night. I highly recommend it. It's the most fun I've had without spending any money in long time. Well...other than...nevermind!

Hope everyone has a good weekend...mine will be questionable!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger CaCaBoy said…

    When I lived in Rising Sun, Md we'd get lightning storms that would literally flash so bright, you'd see WHITE, and then those spots you get when you've been staring into a lightbulb...Anyway, they were wicked!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    I love an awesome storm, but we don't get many like that!

    Good luck with your bridal shower this weekend. The only thing worse then the lame games at a bridal shower is the lame games at baby showers.
    Drink plenty and you should be okay.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    I love rainstorms! The give me "stirrings"!

    I hate being the center of attention as well. I'd rather give someone else the spotlight.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    you totally deserve all the focus of attention! have a great weekend :-)

     
  • At 11:03 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    I sincerely hope that the shower was without any sort of physical displays of trashness. And the storm sounds amazing! PLEASE send the rain to TX. This place is like hell on a rock.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Cold Hands said…

    did you survive and get lots of great stuff??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home