The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Still kind of down in the dumps. My mom sent me an email about something random to disguise her plea for forgiveness. At the end she said, "I am sorry for harping on the same thing all the time. I hope you will start talking to me soon. I Love You..." It just made me sadder. My mom is my best friend and we speak a few times a day. Not speaking to her at all is so hard but I can't speak to her for fear of getting upset and not being able to get out what needs to be said.

I think I'll draft an email to her and really concentrate on being honest, getting the right things out and not making it any worse. Every time something happens, a wedding plan moves forward, anything goes on I pick up the phone to call my mom, then I remember that we're not speaking and it sucks. But I can't "give in". I don't REALLY see it as giving in but I definitely think some things need to be said before we can go back to the way we were.

I am the kind of paranoid freak that thinks, what if something were to happen to my mom and THIS is how we left things? I know I shouldn't think that way but I do and it scares me. I would die, and THAT is why I need to try and make things right, my way, soon! That will be my goal for the next day or two...Wish me luck!

I dropped TSO off at the airport this morning for the bachelor party weekend...Yikes! he he

7 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Oh great One said…

    The similarities between you and me just keep adding up! I do the same thing with the fretting. My sister in law gets tired of hearing me tell her," What if they die tomorrow. Will you be ok with the way you left things?"

    I think you are right about telling her how her comment hurt you. She can't change something if she doesn't know it hurt you. Letting it ride will only make your wedding strained. Go FUNKY BEE!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    thanks OGO. I needed a push and some good advice. I am going to start writing her an email now :O)

     
  • At 1:22 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Andi said…

    I'm the same when it comes to my mom--imaging "what if this is the way we left things..."

    And I'm on board with OGO's great advice!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger HS said…

    aw, I'm best friends with my mom too and I know how hard it is to not speak to her when we are having a moment and not talking to each other....

    But I'm sure things will work out between you two and you'll be out having tea in no time :)

     
  • At 6:10 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Sassy said…

    I hope things get worked out soon for you! It's hard to fight with your mom, but you do need to tell her how she hurt you. All the best.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Calvin said…

    much as we hate to admit it, moms sometimes know the best.. but sometimes they do hurt without knowing or meaning it. you should get things off your chest as soon as possible, such things are better not left t0 simmer.. good luck! :-)

     
  • At 2:51 PM, June 16, 2006, Blogger peachy said…

    I suggest drafting the email and then calling her. If you get off track or upset, you can look back at your email (with bullet points) and continue saying what you have to say. That way you get it all out without forgetting anything, and everything's off your chest. You can do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home