The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The weather here is nothing short of ridiculous. I wish I could do the situation justice by explaining what's going on but even being here is surreal. It has been raining here, NO JOKE, for the last 6 days. SIX DAYS PEOPLE! And I don't mean the drizzles or dreary weather. It has been torrential downpouring on and off for almost a week straight.

The streets and rivers and lakes and anything else in the outside world, are so saturated that major thoroughfares have been closed for days in the DC area. My basement is a joke at this point. There is nothing I can do. I have to admit, I'm sure there are many people that have it a lot worse than I do but it still sucks. With the constant water down there I plan to throw away two carpets once they dry out and I can carry them outside.

Every time I think I see a glimmer of hope, a flicker of blue skies, a struggle of sunshine trying to break through the clouds, the skies open up, the thunder rolls and the downpours start all over again. I am seriously considering building an ark. This might be the end of the world!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home